Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO systems GPD help!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

1.5 gallons of diesel, £10, £21 for 500 litres of pure plus £30 an hour in lost work comes to £61, times that by 5 and you're over £300 a week to fill your tank every day. I'd be having a good hard look at your potential future requirements and putting a system in place as soon as you viably can.
I only go once a fortnight at the moment, sometimes twice in two weeks, But i get what you are saying.

If spotless have a filling station nearby (when i don't know) then it would be cheaper than producing my own water, as I'm on a meter.

spotless is 4p a litre. i don't think i could produce it that cheap when i take into account water meter, cost of RO, Pre filters, Di vessel. However when I get busy and they still haven't fitted a filling station nearby taking into account the time and diesel then yes would be cheaper.

I only go once a fortnight at the moment, sometimes twice in two weeks, But i get what you are saying.

If spotless have a filling station nearby (when i don't know) then it would be cheaper than producing my own water, as I'm on a meter.

spotless is 4p a litre. i don't think i could produce it that cheap when i take into account water meter, cost of RO, Pre filters, Di vessel. However when I get busy and they still haven't fitted a filling station nearby taking into account the time and diesel then yes would be cheaper.
It always pays to get a bigger filtration system than you currently need to alow  for expansion in the future saves having to alter it later same  with tank size if you have a bigger tank you don’t have to fill it but if you have a small tank you cannot put more in . 

It cost me less than 2p a litre on a meter, Big saving over a year

That is a nice saving for sure. What does your water start out at PPM? Mine is 300
280. Got a 10” fiberdyne combined sediment and carbon prefilter, and 4040 with a Chinese knock-off membrane, and a 11l DI vessel. RO gets it down to about 10/11. Produces about 2 litres a minute on a 50/50 ratio. Super simple and been working a treat for a few years now

280. Got a 10” fiberdyne combined sediment and carbon prefilter, and 4040 with a Chinese knock-off membrane, and a 11l DI vessel. RO gets it down to about 10/11. Produces about 2 litres a minute on a 50/50 ratio. Super simple and been working a treat for a few years now
I guess you have a booster pump to run the 4040 or decent psi already

What i like about the system in that video is it runs on standard low ish pressure.

I need to see what my starting pressure is but i think when i had them test it a few yrs ago it was about 3 bar

On 02/12/2021 at 09:29, JEM said:

I came across this video, think might be a member here as he mentioned the forum.

Good detailed video using a system with average water pressure and can produce more water than i would need in a day!

will be doing an update soon, ive expanded the system but have kept all the old stuff in place. getting really bad water at the minute but the new system is managing to knock it out the park...measured it the other day and the system was taking it down from 408 ppm to 2ppm before resin

Back