Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder clamps

Dave B

Staff member
Got my new rhino ladder clamps today

How much better than having to mess around with screw down ones

They look good... Let us know how you get on with them :thumbsup:

I was thinking of getting some before I had to change the van but no real advantage for me now as I have a pull down rack system that you only need to put one clamp on (for extra security) that takes seconds to do. Ladder is held in place by a great big bracket that the rungs go through plus long side rails.

I was chatting to a windie in stoke Newington the other week who was using them..I said are they actally ok as I had heard of them being a bit unreliable but he said he has used em since they invented them with no problems and showed me how to ise them

This is what is being delivered monday

1 "Unger ErgoTec® T-Bar"

Item: 14"/35cm

Price: £4.35

1 "Ettore Porcupine Sleeve"

Item: 14"/35cm

Price: £8.75

5 "Unger Rubber Soft"

Item: Single - 10"

Price: £0.85

1 "Unger Stainless Steel S-Channel"

Item: 6"/15cm

Price: £1.95

1 "Unger Stainless Steel S-Channel"

Item: 10"/25cm

Price: £2.55

1 "Unger ErgoTec® SwivelLoc Handle"

Item: Fit to S-Channel - Straight

Price: £9.35

1 "Unger OptiLoc™ Poles"

Item: 12ft 3 Section

Price: £25.15

1 "Unger Small Bucket 18L"

Price: £7.25

1 "Unger Economy Belt"

Price: £6.55

1 "Unger Ninja Bucket On A Belt - Black"

Price: £12.65

1 "Unger ErgoTec® Pouch"

Price: £10.35

My mate works in local btec centre who are run by princes trust..she told me they are trialing a new scheme with the council called a test trade grant.

TEST TRADE GRANT – Notes to applicants

Please read the following guidance notes to ensure that you are a suitable applicant and that you fully understand the criteria for applying.

For those wishing to start a business you must be living in Stevenage and/or locating your business operation within Stevenage.

Existing small businesses must be based in Stevenage and have less than 10 employees

You must have a business or personal bank account

You must be able to supply proof of address and/or a company registration number or VAT registration details (if applicable)

The activity to be undertaken must be one of the following or similar activities:-

Funds to test trade a product or service

Expanding into a new market/diversifying the business

Promote a new product or service for an existing business

Produce a prototype

You must undertake an initial assessment of your idea with a Business Advisor at the Business & Technology Centre to ensure that the business and/or the proposed activity are viable, and enable them to complete a Recommendation Form to be submitted with your application

The business proposal must provide evidence of the need for the grant funding – i.e. the activity could not realistically go ahead without the funding

You must supply proof of expenditure before any payment of the grant can be made

You must complete an Evaluation Form one year after the grant is awarded, whether your business has succeeded or not. We will not seek to re-claim the grant if the business has failed, but may do so if the Evaluation Form is not completed and returned.

Process

Complete Application Form

Appointment with business advisor at the Business & Technology Centre.

(To assess the application for business viability)

Application Form + Recommendation Form from Advisor submitted to the Council.

(This will be assessed within 10 working days)

Applicant Notified of outcome

Payment on receipt of evidence of expenditure

Follow up meeting(s) with advisors

Evaluation Form completed by applicant after 12 months

good choice of gear Davey
About time..some of my gear is as old as my son..he leaves school in 3 years:laugh:

All brass handles that are cold in winter

Lyte 3 Section Extension Ladder - 3 x 12 rungs LLYEX-2012 1 ex VAT: £125.55

inc VAT: £150.66

Ankalad Ladder Stabilisers LLAAN-0390 1 ex VAT: £76.88

inc VAT: £92.26

Compact Ladder Stand Off LLFLA-0000 1 ex VAT: £70.00

inc VAT: £84.00

About time..some of my gear is as old as my son..he leaves school in 3 years:laugh:All brass handles that are cold in winter
old window gear that you can no longer buy sells well on ebay

an old bird on my round gave me a few tattered old cotton tea towels . i later sold them on ebay ," window cleaning cloths ,as used by a full time window cleaner"

Latest Posts

Back