Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners Slx Base Protector

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matty H

Never had to replace one until now, they seem to last forever. Best way to remove? It seems well and truly stuck :huh:

What if you want to take sections off and use it as say a 25 one day and 30 next, hence needing to remove the 25 then put back on?

I use an SL-X25 almost all of the time. I took the base section of my SL-X30 off the pole to lighten it up. The 25ft length is perfect for doing third story work as well as patio doors, all with the same pole. On a side note I also bought an extra section so I can reach 35ft. if the need arises. I carry the two extra sections in a PVC tube where they are safe and a couple extra end caps handy for when I need a longer pole which is rare. No stop tape on the extra sections so I have to pay attention and not over extend the pole.

What if you want to take sections off and use it as say a 25 one day and 30 next, hence needing to remove the 25 then put back on?
Once you have cut-off and removed the end cap you can then slide on the extra section. If you then want to remove it again you would need to buy another end cap (£1.45 - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/End_Caps.html) and push-fit this back when not using the extra section.

I think having the quick release gooseneck system on your pole is very important if you want to make swapping out extra sections a quick and efficient process.

Would using a heat gun on the end cap expand it enough to make it come off and be re usable?

Alex:Is it difficult to convert an older style SL-X pole to a newer quick release pole?
It is actually very simple. We sell two conversion kits (Type A and Type B ). Basically it involves sawing the top screw off of the top of the pole. For most poles out there the TypeA conversion kit with then allow you to simply glue on a No.1 clamp and then you can use the quick release system. The TypeB is for some older SLX25 poles that have a wider top section.
http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Super-Lite__Carbon_Fibre_Goosenecks.html

Would using a heat gun on the end cap expand it enough to make it come off and be re usable?
It may although the cap is actually glued on - which is why I tend to cut it off and use a new one to push on and off when needed. It may be possible to slide a knife down between the section and the cap and break the glue around the join. In this case if you could do this then you would be able to re-use the end cap.

Right, sorry, I thought you meant you'd have to buy a new base cap every time! Doesn't matter for the once!

Latest Posts

Back