Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

100m hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

maccauk11

I have a 25L backpack system. Will I be able to get enough pressure to clean windows down if I use a 100m hose so I can leave the backpak in the car

Short answer, most definitely not. Regardless of brand wether it be a gardiner, or big boy you shouldn't be using anymore than approximately 20M of additional hose.

It's only a small diaphragm pump and battery and you'll not get the volume of water needed to achieve successful cleans.

If you are wanting to add longer hoses maybe it's time to consider getting a van system

Short answer, most definitely not. Regardless of brand wether it be a gardiner, or big boy you shouldn't be using anymore than approximately 20M of additional hose.

It's only a small diaphragm pump and battery and you'll not get the volume of water needed to achieve successful cleans.

If you are wanting to add longer hoses maybe it's time to consider getting a van system
Thanks

I have a 25L backpack system. Will I be able to get enough pressure to clean windows down if I use a 100m hose so I can leave the backpak in the car
@maccauk11 have a look on YouTube mate. I'm sure I've seen a couple of them that use around 50 metres or so without too much issue. I'm not sure what it does to the warranty or the affects the pump and battery, but you could always upgrade them. I've also seen a guy that built a pump system in a tool carry box which looked good. That way he could just put some hose in his water containers and carry on working. If I can find the video I'll post the link.

It will do the job all be it not for very long as workin 100 metres away from your water source with only 22 litres to spare will see you walking back for a refill more than you will be cleaning and as others have mentioned the pumps aren’t really up to it so won’t really be gettin your moneys worth out your kit. 22 litres will last a good amount of time to the seasoned windy doin maintenance washes but if your just starting out wfp either doin alot of first cleans or cross overs from a seasoned trad round then you will use a lot more water than expected. Scrimping on water is ok if you know what you’re doing and even then your risking a bad finish but not advisable for someone just starting out.

I hope this may help you if not familiar with the bare bones of a generic pump

This is your average backpack 12v water pump

This is approximately half the size of a Pentair Shurflo 8000 series pump by motor size and bore size

The average Chinese 12v pumps motor is half the actual size of the whole pump

When I built my DIY WFP trolley some years ago I tested my design with an exact sized pump connected up to my van mounted 100m Streamline hi vis hose and reel
The results were extremely poor and when using a 22ft wfp at the average height of a two story homes windows the flow was a mere dribble through the pencil jets.

If you opt for a large design of trolley like the Streamline or purefreedom they are equal to a van mount system with a shurflo or similar sized pump delivering exceptional results.

I'm no Carol vorderman by my calculations based on a 12v pump with an expected 4Lpm through 100m of 5mm microbore hose say that you'll lose approximately 2.05psi pressure loss per 100m not calculating lift

Attachments

• 20240407_212843.jpg
    20240407_212843.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240407_213613.jpg
    20240407_213613.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240407_212905.jpg
    20240407_212905.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 0
@maccauk11 have a look on YouTube mate. I'm sure I've seen a couple of them that use around 50 metres or so without too much issue. I'm not sure what it does to the warranty or the affects the pump and battery, but you could always upgrade them. I've also seen a guy that built a pump system in a tool carry box which looked good. That way he could just put some hose in his water containers and carry on working. If I can find the video I'll post the link.
Thanks

Back