Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Booster pump issue

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Vimps

Hi everyone, recently moved house to an area with bad pressure, 25 psi at the tap. I have purchased an aquatec 24v booster pump to increase the pressure to my RO, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference at all, input pressure at the RO doesn’t change at all from 25 psi. Do I need a stronger booster pump at these low pressures? Or is it possible the pump has arrived defective? Thanks!

Hi everyone, recently moved house to an area with bad pressure, 25 psi at the tap. I have purchased an aquatec 24v booster pump to increase the pressure to my RO, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference at all, input pressure at the RO doesn’t change at all from 25 psi. Do I need a stronger booster pump at these low pressures? Or is it possible the pump has arrived defective? Thanks!

What r/o have you got? Which Aquatec model did you buy?

It’s a pentair prf ro. I bought the 24v aquatec 8800
I have very similar low pressure and booster pump brings it up to pressure no problem. It could be a faulty pump but there should be a regulator somewhere to adjust pressure. Mine is at top and is a small hex key fitting to adjust. It might be hidden by a plastic cover. Worth checking it's not adjusted all the way down.

I have very similar low pressure and booster pump brings it up to pressure no problem. It could be a faulty pump but there should be a regulator somewhere to adjust pressure. Mine is at top and is a small hex key fitting to adjust. It might be hidden by a plastic cover. Worth checking it's not adjusted all the way down.
Ok probably a faulty pump then, I adjusted the hex on top and it made no difference to the pressure, no change to motor speed either (if that’s what is meant to happen?) trying to decide if I try and make what I have work with my new water pressure, or if I should invest big in a bigger pump and more efficient ro system. I’d like to produce around 100 litres an hour if possible.

It’s a pentair prf ro. I bought the 24v aquatec 8800

An Aquetec 8800 pump has a maximum flow rate of 0.66 US gallons per minute. (A US gallon is 4 litres.)

So it's fine for a small 300gpd r/o.
Your prf r/o demands around 3 to 4 gallons of water per minute, depending on the pure to waste ratio.

There isn't anything wrong with the booster pump. You have just bought the wrong one.

Last edited:
An Aquetec 8800 pump has a maximum flow rate of 0.66 US gallons per minute. (A US gallon is 4 litres.)

So it's fine for a small 300gpd r/o.
Your prf r/o demands around 3 to 4 gallons of water per minute, depending on the pure to waste ratio.

There isn't anything wrong with the booster pump. You have just bought the wrong one.
Useful info thanks mate, any suggestions on the best pump to get that can cope with that?

The booster pump you will need will be similar to one used for a 4021 r/o.

I suggest you ring Doug at Daqua and talk to him.

1738 248 585

He is showing one for a 4021 r/o and another for a 4040. As a PRF and a 4021 are similar in output, I would imagine the booster for a 4021 would work. But you need to talk to him @Vimps

Back