Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’ve three brothers in law, two of them are full time gutter vacuuming and have been for years. I started out gutter vacuuming but I prefer windows (more predictability). Between us we must’ve tried most vacs you’ll find on the market and now all three of us only use GVS. The trolleys they come on can be a bit annoying but the machines themselves are so reliable and can get through pretty much anything you throw at them.

Clamped poles is my preference as they don’t get stuck together so easily. They do take longer to setup though.

Always get the carbon fibre poles. The aluminium ones get way too heavy when you’re working at full height and sucking down loads of crud.

I think all the different brands will do the job but you won’t regret getting a GVS one.

I’ve three brothers in law, two of them are full time gutter vacuuming and have been for years. I started out gutter vacuuming but I prefer windows (more predictability). Between us we must’ve tried most vacs you’ll find on the market and now all three of us only use GVS. The trolleys they come on can be a bit annoying but the machines themselves are so reliable and can get through pretty much anything you throw at them.

Clamped poles is my preference as they don’t get stuck together so easily. They do take longer to setup though.

Always get the carbon fibre poles. The aluminium ones get way too heavy when you’re working at full height and sucking down loads of crud.

I think all the different brands will do the job but you won’t regret getting a GVS one.
Never used GVS, only used Sky Vac, but I'd be very surprised if the Vac or customer service would be better. I appreciate the price is prohibitive but the Sky Vac Inteceptor is the best Vac on the market, by a country mile.

Hi matey
I did the same as you bought the Hyundai 3000w Wet & Dry 4 Years ago and did the same conversion about two year ago. Unfortunately it's all starting to fall apart so was about to buy another one but wondered how good it is compared to others on the market now.
As Hyundai don't supply much info the same format as other gutter vac companies I was wondering what you worked out was the equivalent in GVS line up?
I Calculated that the Hyundai one has about 83" water lift and 2700LPM airflow which doesn't compete with even the single Motor GVS Panther which has 120" water lift and 4500LPM.
Just wondering if I messed up my calculations before I buy a GVS panther or Guttersucker Rapid.
Many thanks
Rhys
hi rhys, i'm kinda in the same boat as you now, my hyundai is nearing falling to bits but nothing that a few pop rivits will not solve-it has had a hard life and has earned its money many times over, would i go for a gvs? probably not now, correct me if i'm wrong but the last time i looked at the website the machines didn't have a drain facility which for me is important, has the hyundai worked ok for you so far? if so keep with it as theres is no point buying the biggest billy ball breaking machine going if you are just doing domestic work i would reccomend the gvs side entry to the vac-it makes a hell of a difference and the gvs poles now, they are really good.
i hope this helps you mate, when i last spoke to julia at gvs she did compare my hyundia to there comparison vac and to be honest she did say that there wasn't a lot between them both, this was covid times so,2020 i'm ok with that as gutters don't follow fashion and just fill with ****. we follow fashion and buy new shiney things?.a bit of rational thinking needs to be done.

I find that the drain hose doesn’t do anything the dirt in the bottom of the drum blocks the outlet and it won’t drain anyway so 99% of the time it’s useless ,
Its relative to what works being done a lot of domestic ( repeat works - yearly service ) are all leaves and water - drain plug is great.
One - off domestic and commercial - are usually packed so the drain is a bit redundant

Its relative to what works being done a lot of domestic ( repeat works - yearly service ) are all leaves and water - drain plug is great.
One - off domestic and commercial - are usually packed so the drain is a bit redundant
It only takes one leaf or bit of moss to block the drain tube unless you have a sive in the drum I have found all vacs we have had exactly the same if it did work it would be very useful it works well if using it for water recovery from pressure washing .

Takes a bit more than that "one Leaf" indeed :rolleyes:
agree wouldn't use it for P/W water recovery as the slurry is a bit thick - mud sucker is the correct tool in these cases

If you happen to read this post Julia, is it feasible to offer a drain port kit which could be retro fitted to all GVS vacs?
It's a lovely idea and concept however it would lead to loss of suction

If it had a ball valve it would foul up with grit and wear out or a hose method like the old Numeric vacs had would leak split or lose the plug

Back