Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Struggling / not sure where to go with myself

WCF

Help Support WCF:

you need to treble the marketing to get a RESULT! if you put out 5k leaflets it needs to be 15k and so on. Facebook is very worthwhile if you can get your posts on Marketplace thats golden. Post daily on at least 2 social media platforms - images of you and your thoughts when out at work-itll take a year to get a following but guarantee you Will,long as you post Daily no letting up. Either get a friend [or a fake profile] to comment on your FB posts "when are you coming to mine? Archie is asking can you do his same time?

1. Chap doors either side of a property you clean (if not already a customer). Ditto properties across street or nearby. It takes minutes (short spiel) and the answer is always 1. Got a cleaner 2. Do them myself/not interested or 3. Please price. if 3, they normally always say yes.

2. Leaflets are a waste of time in my mind. Conversion rate must be so low for almost all window cleaners.

3. Get on new estates just as the first person occupies the first house. Clean it, chap neighbours - do this all the time to become dominant force in the estate
Definitely going to start chapping some doors might do a hour or two of a evening now that the football seasons just coming to an end. I done some canvassing training but I think I need to build the confidence up by just doing it my own way short simple.

'Hi I've just started cleaning up the way I was wondering if you have a window cleaner? Yes/No. Could I give you a quick price and see if you could be tempted? Bla bla bla'

Definitely going to start chapping some doors might do a hour or two of a evening now that the football seasons just coming to an end. I done some canvassing training but I think I need to build the confidence up by just doing it my own way short simple.

'Hi I've just started cleaning up the way I was wondering if you have a window cleaner? Yes/No. Could I give you a quick price and see if you could be tempted? Bla bla bla'
I usually keep it short and sweet. " Do you have a window cleaner?". Yes - Have a nice day/afternoon, No - I can give you a quote now if you like?

Chapping doors, what an odd saying. Never heard that before

You’ve done well so far mate. I would say just slow down a bit. Set yourself more manageable and achievable goals that will still move you forward while concentrating on becoming reliable and good at what you do . A lot of new windies forget this bit and just want to be big too quickly.
If you go canvassing say twice a week for 2 hrs at a time and get maybe 2 to 6 customers each week then that’s good . Work leads to more work and before you know it you’ll be turning people away. As others have said no sales patter is needed . Just a “do you need a window cleaner” if not move on

Back