Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Well that escalated quickly

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HWCS

Disdt know wether to post this in my 'upto 50 customers' thread or make a new one (move if needed).

So i decided NOT to buy any cards for my 160 or so customers and decided to spend what i thought id spend on cards on food in tesco and donate it on behalf of Holt Window Cleaning Services and my customers to the local food bank, little did i know that it would turn out to be the best £30.95 id ever spend for my business. The facebook hits are phenominal and ive even been contacted by a local rag that want to meet me for an interview Friday lunch time, and do a piece about where ive come from, why i started window cleaning and where i am now etc etc.

100% disnt think of this as a marketing ploy but more of a helping out those that could do with it. 

Not gonna lie though seems to have helped, ive got 4 new customers this evening.

Screenshot_20191217-203305_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20191217-203313_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20191217-203335_Facebook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you, just be aware that whenever you deal with the media what you say and what they print can be a little different.
I did think this to be fair and im still pretty undecided if i want to run with it or not, if a bit of a fk wit and if i say the wrong thing i could end up looling a right pleb

@HWCS  I'm sure it will be fine, it's not like doing live radio which is a real bum clencher. ? You can always make some notes to refer to before you meet them.

What great news on all fronts, for all concerned. You were looking to spend £30 on Christmas cards tho for your customers your very generous I spent £8 on 200 cards. Worth the effort of writing and posting tho plenty of tips and gifts so far with a few days left to clean and collect.

@HWCS  I'm sure it will be fine, it's not like doing live radio which is a real bum clencher. ? You can always make some notes to refer to before you meet them.
I think taking notes is a good idea. It might also be a good idea to have an unrelated witness sitting in on the interview in case anything you say is printed out of context or misquoted.

Never trust the press,

I talk from experience.

Well done though. ??

Back