Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

wider brushes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

Has anyone changed from standard gardiners brush to a wider one for Residential Properties domestic cleaning

Have you found it to be quicker to do your days work.

Are you best with 4 Jets for water flow.
ive noticed a few lads having wider brush heads latelly.
if it speeds up your daily work thats a big reason to try them

Has anyone changed from standard gardiners brush to a wider one for Residential Properties domestic cleaning

Have you found it to be quicker to do your days work.

Are you best with 4 Jets for water flow.
ive noticed a few lads having wider brush heads latelly.
if it speeds up your daily work thats a big reason to try them
@johnny bravo I've been contemplating this myself. I was using an Xtreme brush quite a lot, but found it's not got quite enough for scrubbing power for my jobs at the minute - I think the very damp weather has encouraged that green mildew on frames more than before. Switched to an Ultimate and I'm finding it much less effort even with the extra weight. I'm now thinking of getting a 35cm with 4 blue pencil jets (I tried a 35cm a while back with two jets, but found the middle two jets were a bit too close together and the outside jets were a bit too wide apart).

I have tried them in the past but found them to wide for some windows and unless you use a swivel which ime not that keen on made things awkward, also less scrubbing power with a wider brush as the pressure you can apply is less , they do have there place though on bigger pains or solar arrays

I have tried them in the past but found them to wide for some windows and unless you use a swivel which ime not that keen on made things awkward, also less scrubbing power with a wider brush as the pressure you can apply is less , they do have there place though on bigger pains or solar arrays
@Pjj thank you. I don't really like a swivel gooseneck either (I often use the Gardiner valve one) so worth bearing all that in mind 👍

I bought a 35CM SILL XTREME BRUSH - DUPONT TAPERTEC HYBRID with 4 x 1.4mm jets to give a try. I love it, it makes the work faster and it's decent at scrubbing. I liked it so much I bought another and the flocked version so I have 1 for each of my poles. I do use a swivel though and I haven't found a window that they are too big for - although I do have a couple where I use the swivel to rotate the brush vertically to clean the windows.
I'm not sure on how long they will last as Gardiners say about 3 months but the first one I have had 5 months and it's almost perfect.

I bought a 35CM SILL XTREME BRUSH - DUPONT TAPERTEC HYBRID with 4 x 1.4mm jets to give a try. I love it, it makes the work faster and it's decent at scrubbing. I liked it so much I bought another and the flocked version so I have 1 for each of my poles. I do use a swivel though and I haven't found a window that they are too big for - although I do have a couple where I use the swivel to rotate the brush vertically to clean the windows.
I'm not sure on how long they will last as Gardiners say about 3 months but the first one I have had 5 months and it's almost perfect.
@ched999uk how do you find the dupont one please? I like the look of the soft one but sometimes find the xtreme medium a little bit hard to get pressure on it (I assume because the bristles are a little bit shorter). Thank you.

I used a 45cm & swivel with four jets for everything for a couple of years but ended up going back to a 26cm sill with the bristles on the side for most jobs no need for a swivel with it. Im faster with the sill brush. Only use the 45 for big windows that are in good condition.. Those side bristles on the sill brush just get through heavy dirt and anything caught in the corners rapidly.

@ched999uk how do you find the dupont one please? I like the look of the soft one but sometimes find the xtreme medium a little bit hard to get pressure on it (I assume because the bristles are a little bit shorter). Thank you.
My fav brush is the SUPREME 23CM BRUSH - DUPONT TAPERTEC HYBRID but the extreme dupont is good although it has shorter bristles, I think the splay is ok and you can easily get reasonable pressure to splay the bristles to get a good scrub.

My fav brush is the SUPREME 23CM BRUSH - DUPONT TAPERTEC HYBRID but the extreme dupont is good although it has shorter bristles, I think the splay is ok and you can easily get reasonable pressure to splay the bristles to get a good scrub.
@ched999uk yes they are good brushes. I tried the soft supreme and found it a little too soft, but haven't tried the dupont one. Thanks for your reply 👍

I work with a 35cm brush with 4 outlets for a number of years with hot water I find not having the extra scrubbing power hasn’t been a issue

I use a 45, but keep a 26 in the van for the few windows on my round that require it. It maybe takes a little bit longer when they really need a scrub (bird muck, snail trails etc.) but generally speaking it's a LOT quicker for me. It's definitely worth it in my opinion, but you will need to alter your technique a bit - you need a higher flow rate with 4 jets (obviously) so rinsing changes a bit too.

I used to use a wider brush with a swivel for everyday domestic, but I found the extra weight started to give me back and shoulder pain. So switched back to extreme 26.

But i assume the wider ones would be brilliant for the occasional commercial work with large windows

I used to use a wider brush with a swivel for everyday domestic, but I found the extra weight started to give me back and shoulder pain. So switched back to extreme 26.

But i assume the wider ones would be brilliant for the occasional commercial work with large windows
@Yon thank you. I did wonder because I get a bit of arm and shoulder pain and found that the swivel made it worse. I use a swivel occasionally but very tight so only for really awkward windows. Switching back to a fixed gooseneck most of the time really helped. Thanks for the advice, I think I'll stick with the 26cm 👍

We wash with hot water.

My daily brush is the wider Xline 35cm Premium DuPont will 11 Jet Rinse Bar.

When i use the smaller brush it seems like double the work. Kills me to use the smaller 26cm brush. Slower window cleaning.

However, when i wash gutters, fascia and soffit i pick up a smaller 26cm brush as that job can put a lot of pressure on the plastic angle neck

The other guys in the team all use the 26cm 9 Jet Rinse Bar. They don't like using the bigger brush. But i think if they used it all the time they wouldn't go back.

Back