Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Meters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cuzza

Hi guys will be getting a water meter very soon /emoticons/sad.png,has anyone on here have them already?,also heard you can have a seperate one for business and save money with the wastewater ?

Depending where you live you will pay around £4 per cubic meter (1000 litres). This is the combined bill for clean water and sewage.

Some authorities vary but generally you pay for your clean water and then 95% of that bill is then charged for sewage.

Remember that you have your RO waste to consider.

An example would be you use 400 litres per day of clean. If your RO is set at 2:1 waste to clean then you will have dumped 800 litres to get 400. Therefore you have used 1.2 cubic meters at £4 = £4.80 per day. You may only pay for metered clean and have a fixed charge for sewage which you would have to pay anyway. The other option is to install a meter and let the water board know that you discharge your waste to a soakaway and not drains but I would rather not have them sticking their nose in.

You need to speak to the appropriate water board and find out their charges and then carefully monitor your waste/pure ratio to work out your projected costs. It may then be wise to use twin di vessel

Hope this helps

im on a water meter and i waste 2lts of water tto 1lt of pure! tell you the truth, you dont really notice the bill that much, there is a little increase but nothing great.

try not to go onto business rates tho, you pay more for things on that.

with anglian water

business rates are:-

water £94 per yr

Sewerage £180 per yr

then

water £1.2020 per cubic metre

sweerage £1.4164 per cubic metre

metered rates are:-

business rates are:-

water £29.00 per yr

Sewerage £129 per yr

then

water £1.4469 per cubic metre

sweerage £.15804 per cubic metre

Charging for water!! Next we will have to pay to breathe!!

I will be collecting rain water if meters ever get introduced over here

If all water boards are the same, if the meter isn't in yet, when they do install it, you don't have to pay from it- can just use the normal box standard billing rate, it's only when you move house you'll have to go off the meter, if there is one. They were supposed to be putting one in here, but I seem to have given them the slip for now!

Back