Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aqua-Dapter Mk3Xl

mark m

Aqua-dapter have just released the new mk3 xl it weighs 125g thats lighter than a iphone thats is no weight . A must for everybody

its great they are coming down in weight, not sure if they could get any lighter, well they could but could cost alot to buy it!

think i'll stick to my tap, more than 10 times cheaper lol

Hi Jeff,

That was a long time ago, a Mk1! As I recall you asked for one to see if could be attached to one of the poles you were making, rather than because you we're interested in using or buying one. I understand you already had your own preferred methods of controlling water use.

As with many things, there's a lot that's down to personal preference. Some swear by 'pinching' or 'kinking' the hose, we have customers who only buy our orange hose for this. Other customers have persevered trying that method, but feel that they're quicker and conserve more water using an Aqua-dapter. There are some that love our orange hose, some that prefer the red, and others who don't like either!

At least there's more choice and innovation for everyone now!

Paul

Well said paul, I am going to have a look over over the weekend at the pole situation. As I wouldn't mind giving one of these a go.

Loving the orange hose btw. Even in this winter, it just laughs it off /emoticons/biggrin.png

I will be buying more, but you just need to work out funds. I am spending more on equipment than i am making hahaha

Hi Damo,

I'll see if I still have those weights we discussed a while back recorded somewhere. If I have I'll email you at some point.

Glad you like the orange hose /emoticons/smile.png

Paul

It's 5mm id 8mm od.. I think... The orange hose is a lot stiffer. It's been annoying me ever since I bought my aquadapter but I'm hoping it loosens up a bit. I'm not too sure what aquadapter I got, place just told me "it's the new one"

It took my orange hose about a month and half to be how i wanted it. Ie easy to wrap up and not so stiff. That was full time every day, so if you dont work full time could take longer.

It loses its plastic shiny stiff feel as well.

Nice hose!

The hose needs to be stiff so it doesn't stretch when pulling it to operate the A/D.

I did try the hose that Gardiner supplied on my CLX but it didn't work the A/D properly as it stretched when pulled.

With the standard pole hose we found that we didn't have to uncoil it before extending the pole. With the A/D hose you need to spend a few seconds uncoiling it before extending your pole. If you don't the hose will 'knot' up at the bottom of the pole.

Whilst you may loose a couple of seconds uncoiling it, you will gain that time back and more when coiling it up to put back in the van.

I think you will find that the pole hose remains the same throught out its life; any improvement will be you managing it better with experience.

This new A/D is a big step forward weightwise, although to be honest, the weight of previous models in my opinion wasn't the issue that some make it out to be. The benefits of having a fixed tap to hand far outweighted any additional weight added to the pole.

Hi Jeff,
That was a long time ago, a Mk1! As I recall you asked for one to see if could be attached to one of the poles you were making, rather than because you we're interested in using or buying one. I understand you already had your own preferred methods of controlling water use.

As with many things, there's a lot that's down to personal preference. Some swear by 'pinching' or 'kinking' the hose, we have customers who only buy our orange hose for this. Other customers have persevered trying that method, but feel that they're quicker and conserve more water using an Aqua-dapter. There are some that love our orange hose, some that prefer the red, and others who don't like either!

At least there's more choice and innovation for everyone now!

Paul
OK fair comment, I will send the new one to see if it improves on pinching the hose. I believe that control at the brush to be important.

@ Paul of aqua-dapter, I'll trial and review the new aqua-dapter and give an impartial review for the benefit of the wfp community if you want. I'm looking to buy one when funds are less tight. /emoticons/smile.png

Hi Tuffers,

Thanks for the offer, but if we had a pound for every time someone has asked me that, we may not have to sell any more Aqua-dapters! /emoticons/wink.png

It has been extensively tested before being released, as you can see from one of the tests here http://www.aqua-dapter.co.uk/technical-info/#taptesting

We realize it's quite an investment, but the feedback and reviews we get show it's value for money, like buying a hybrid (or even carbon) pole instead of fibre glass, it will pay you back in more ways than just saving water.

http://blog.aqua-dapter.co.uk/category/reviews/

The price includes 8m of high-quality hose, and 12 months warranty. We also offer a 28 day money back guarantee.

Paul

I think your being kind Paul by saying its an investment, it seems a quality piece of kit and if anything makes life easier then it's cheap !!

Hi Neil

Sorry, the trade in offer to customers is just for Mk3s and newer.

I think your being kind Paul by saying its an investment' date=' it seems a quality piece of kit and if anything makes life easier then it's cheap !![/quote']Hi Fazza, yes that's what it's made for, making water control more convenient, easier. You can then use less water and maybe be able to work for longer without running out, or turn up the flow if that helps you work faster, but still only use the same amount.

Paul

Back