Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

CLX clamp fell off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Daftoldgit

The clamp suddenly came loose and fell off the pole. I think it might be under warranty? if there is one?
It would probably be less hassle to just glue it back on, when I wrote the title of this post I got a video suggested where some bloke used Araldite.
Can anyone confirm Araldite is the right stuff to use? I have some in the shed!

The clamp suddenly came loose and fell off the pole. I think it might be under warranty? if there is one?
It would probably be less hassle to just glue it back on, when I wrote the title of this post I got a video suggested where some bloke used Araldite.
Can anyone confirm Araldite is the right stuff to use? I have some in the shed!
I have always used Araldite

I have always used Araldite
This sounds as though I'm always fixing clamps. I'm not. I haven't fixed a clamp for a long time now.
I used araldite when I did a couple of clamp upgrades to my old SLX40 and an old SLX22. Gardiner's provided the glue but I preferred to use Araldite.
I don't have o rings on my clamps as @kevinc250 suggested, but I gently lower each pole section so they don't bang together.

Well I used the Araldite and it's solid as a rock. I might just try the O ring, although I've never had it happen before so hopefully a one off. I did notice the old glue was only 3/4 of the way round the pole so maybe thats why it came unstuck.

I had a second clamp on the same pole come loose last week - I was quite keen to finish the job, i found some superglue in the van, slapped a bit on, left it while I had a tea break , and it was fine. Must be a friday afternoon pole, this one.

+1 for araldite, had the same issue with a CLX that when the clamped failed took a chunk out of the guy on the end of its thumb ?

I’ve noticed they start going especially quickly if when letting the pole down you let it collapses on itself rather than catching it before it bangs onto the clamp below. I guess the impact cracks the glue.

Keep meaning to find some draught excluder type thing I can wrap around each clamp to cushion it its allowed to collapse down.

Only thing with araldite is precision, it’s the fastest way to turn a CLX27 into a very heavy glued together CLX4 ?

gardeners clamps are renowned for this as there glued on bolted are much better you will have to tape it to get you out the jam then re glue once you get home i allways used araldite seems best glue out of the ones I’ve tried

Back