Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DI vessel only question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Scrubsy

Hello .
I recently moved house and there is nowhere for me to let waste water away. Only a small back garden with no drain. No front garden and as the kitchen is upstairs it's impractical to have an RO at all at home.
I've tested my TDS and it's about 240, so not ideal for DI only.
I'm thinking of twinning up two DI vessels in my garage and into a water butt. I don't use lots of pure - about 150-200 litres a week.
I've done an online resin calculator it would cost about 5p a litre discounting the initial cost of the DI vessels.
I'm currently using spotless water which is fine as it's very easy - but it's a 20 mile round trip every time I need to go.
Does anyone else with a higher TDS reading double up/twin two DI vessels please? And if so how do you find it?
Thank you.

Hello .
I recently moved house and there is nowhere for me to let waste water away. Only a small back garden with no drain. No front garden and as the kitchen is upstairs it's impractical to have an RO at all at home.
I've tested my TDS and it's about 240, so not ideal for DI only.
I'm thinking of twinning up two DI vessels in my garage and into a water butt. I don't use lots of pure - about 150-200 litres a week.
I've done an online resin calculator it would cost about 5p a litre discounting the initial cost of the DI vessels.
I'm currently using spotless water which is fine as it's very easy - but it's a 20 mile round trip every time I need to go.
Does anyone else with a higher TDS reading double up/twin two DI vessels please? And if so how do you find it?
Thank you.
I wouldn't dream of using just a DI only for water in excess 100ppm
I double Di mine however my tap water is 53ppm.

You'll be hammering your way through resin even if you double DI it.

Why can't you use an RO and exit your waste into your kitchen sink via the use if a McAlpine fitting ?

Do you not have a relative or friend who hasn't a water meter or alternative site where you could setup

We don't all live in the ideal world and it's a case of trying to adapt or realise it's not to be

I wouldn't dream of using just a DI only for water in excess 100ppm
I double Di mine however my tap water is 53ppm.

You'll be hammering your way through resin even if you double DI it.

Why can't you use an RO and exit your waste into your kitchen sink via the use if a McAlpine fitting ?

Do you not have a relative or friend who hasn't a water meter or alternative site where you could setup

We don't all live in the ideal world and it's a case of trying to adapt or realise it's not to be
@AW Services The fittings of the sink are a plastic Italian fitting rather than copper piping. Can't remember the name but very difficult to change. Something to do with when the houses were built and I don't fancy draping to tubing out/through the window and onto the garage.

Nearest relatives are well over a hundred miles away so that's a bigger round trip than to spotless.

I am trying to adapt which is why I asked the question but thanks for your feedback.

Back