Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Handy little vac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Been doing a lot of gutter cleans lately with my 3000w vac but have had a couple of awkward jobs due to terraced houses round here etc.
You don’t want to be dragging a 3kw one through a house.
Just got this from screwfix for 89 squiddlies and fits the silicon adaptors for my poles.
Only 1500w but seems powerful enough for a normal 2 floor house if it’s not too jam packed.
Giving it a go tomorrow anyway on a job.

Attachments

• 49CB19BD-8058-40B9-B3B8-37AFA0FE5143.jpeg
    49CB19BD-8058-40B9-B3B8-37AFA0FE5143.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 18
  • A6067F51-F112-44BD-9E2E-076B0F52188D.jpeg
    A6067F51-F112-44BD-9E2E-076B0F52188D.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 18
That sounds good. Do you use the supplied hose or the one for your poles? If the ones for your poles what poles do you use as this might be a great budget machine.
2 year guarantee as well!!!
Cheers

Last edited:
@ched999uk I use the kiam aluminium poles with the yellow silicone fittings
I put the small end on the hose which fits perfectly and the 51mm end over the pole
Upgrading to carbon soon so will keep as a spare set
The fitting to the vac is different on the hose but I’m sure I could modify the bigger vac hose. If you look in the pic the inlet has a lump on the top that the hose fitting slides over and twist to lock
I will have a fiddle with it tomorrow
It was perfect on a 3 bed terrace I did
this morning

Attachments

• B48FF6F5-8F94-442E-8223-C9C305E22A76.jpeg
    B48FF6F5-8F94-442E-8223-C9C305E22A76.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 2
That looks good. Works out at less than £450 for ali poles and the vac. Might be a good option for me as I'm not sure how much work I can gain from one so lower price is less risk. Cheers, probably look a bit more in September but good to know that there is a budget vac out there.
Thanks

Source a wider hose and you’ll have the whole lot for around £300 plus hose extra

Attachments

• 51DFD8DA-3D3B-48C2-B0CF-2EDEBB5EBA85.png
    51DFD8DA-3D3B-48C2-B0CF-2EDEBB5EBA85.png
    180 KB · Views: 17
Source a wider hose and you’ll have the whole lot for around £300 plus hose extra
Looks good, the Kiam poles look a bit heavier than GVS but maybe they are stronger.
What sort of pole length do you think would be best - thinking of 2 story plus have to go over connys?
Why are you upgrading to carbon, is it just the weight?

Looks good, the Kiam poles look a bit heavier than GVS but maybe they are stronger.
What sort of pole length do you think would be best - thinking of 2 story plus have to go over connys?
Why are you upgrading to carbon, is it just the weight?
Just fancy it as a mate has a set for cheap
The ally ones are fine tbh
28 foot would be ok
I usually only use about 20

@ched999uk I use the kiam aluminium poles with the yellow silicone fittings
I put the small end on the hose which fits perfectly and the 51mm end over the pole
Upgrading to carbon soon so will keep as a spare set
The fitting to the vac is different on the hose but I’m sure I could modify the bigger vac hose. If you look in the pic the inlet has a lump on the top that the hose fitting slides over and twist to lock
I will have a fiddle with it tomorrow
It was perfect on a 3 bed terrace I did
this morning
I had a similar vac years ago and found with the centre inlet it kept blocking with moss , never had that problem with any other vac but all of them were side entry .

I had a similar vac years ago and found with the centre inlet it kept blocking with moss , never had that problem with any other vac but all of them were side entry .
I could always put a cyclone kit on it
About 30 quid max on eBay and then it would be the right fitting for my bigger hose

As someone that’s only just started out this year (March). This set up for now would do me so going to set it up less than £300 The amount of gutter work I have gave away it’s cost maybe 2000 to 3000 in revenue. But it was a toss up between a gutter vacuum or a pure water system so I went for the water saving me 200 a month So it suits my budget at the minute to buy this set up There is a video on YouTube with a guy that set himself up with the titian and used a flag pole

Back