Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Water Playing up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've had mine 3 1/2 years and it's recently broken down. I've taken it to the webasto engineer I use and he put a new burner in which fixed it. It then broke down again so I took it back and he sorted out the fuel line which he thinks had a kink in it and reset it and all was good. Then it broke down again. I looked into downloading the software to reset it myself as I've watched the guy do it and it looks pretty easy. Unfortunately you can't download it unless you are a trained Webasto engineer. So I think you will struggle to fix it yourself. As others have mentioned it will have locked out.

Do you charge your batteries every night?
Do you use the heater all day every day?
Do you keep the heater running all day without shut down?

The main two reasons for diesel heater failure is lack of fuel and a poor power supply.

A battery in a low state of charge or a knackered battery are the more common reasons of a poor power supply. Included in the poor power supply is poor electrical connections. The most common is corroded fuse terminals in the fuse holder.

Do you charge your batteries every night?
Do you use the heater all day every day?
Do you keep the heater running all day without shut down?
I never charge the battery, haven't in 3 years. The webasto engineer actually said it hasn't once in 3 years shown up a low battery fault. I have 2 batteries and a smart charger on my system. I have it running all day every day and it runs through a recirculation back into the tank so never shuts down.
I know what the issue is this time. The webasto engineer sealed the fuel tank (jerry can style) up completely so there was no way for air to get in or out, it caused the tank to suck in on itself which meant fuel wasn't getting through to the burner. It literally just needs a new tank getting and an non return vent putting on it, then the boiler just needs putting on the diagnostics and resetting. I could easily do it myself except I can't get the software.

Latest Posts

Back