Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Loncin cuts out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

Had a bit of a issue today and last time I used it starts fine then when it’s hot struggles to start today it cut out then wouldn’t start next it 20 minutes then it started first pull its due a oil change any ideas on what’s up with it ?

Had a bit of a issue today and last time I used it starts fine then when it’s hot struggles to start today it cut out then wouldn’t start next it 20 minutes then it started first pull its due a oil change any ideas on what’s up with it ?
Could be the fuel in the carburettor evaporating when it’s switched off and hot , when pull starting you would then have to re fill the carb with fuel before it will start ? Check any fuel lines for leaks that could be letting air in. check fuel filter isn’t blocked , also check engine oil level is correct

First off check the oil level as if it's a little low it can start but once running the oil is pumped round so the level drops causing the safety to shut the engine down. It will restart when the oil has drained back to the sump.
Alternatively did you leave the fuel in it over winter? If you did the new E10 petrol can go 'gloopy' and clog up the carb or separate. You might need to flush the carb and use new fuel.

Thanks for the help much appreciated fresh fuel in it oil level looks a bit low so going to get it changed over weekend I’ll check carb and fuel lines too ??

Disconnect yellow wire on oil level sensor near the on off switch
If it starts fine then oil is too low for sensor
If not take carb off and clean the bowl etc with wd40 and put back together

Back