Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Managing Round To Complete More Work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It might be an idea just to drop the hint to your customers “guys, i’m getting older & i’m creaking a bit, if i am a bit later than normal please forgive me” i doubt they will even notice if you’re say, a week or two later than normal. If you can’t keep pace just slow down [emoji4]
We mix front & front & backs as the others have said. If you dont get through the day or run out of daylight, just pick up the pieces next day [emoji4]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Why is this Darren have they said why and is it something they are planning on changing do you know

It's a technical limitation of the Google route optimisation service, but we will be changing this as we are building out support for many more way points.

However, in the latest build which will be out very very soon, you can filter by rounds in day pilot and optimise each individually, so if you create sub rounds for a day that are less than 24, then this will work perfectly even on days with many more jobs ?

You need to arrange all your work into area’s(most important) and then frequency. You don’t want to be going into the same area twice unless your frequency means you have to. Your best bet is to do your work in repetitions of your least frequency. For example my least frequency is fortnightly so all my work is split into fortnightly area repetitions with my higher frequency work being divided equally into these repetitions so that Im turning over roughly the same every week. By doing this your footprint will be minimal meaning a lot less travelling. This method is easier with more compact clumps of work but still achievable even if your work is sparse. I don’t know if these modern apps use this algorithm but in twenty years of arranging and running multiple rounds I’ve found this to be the most efficient way of doing things.

If u got too much work then cut back.

Sell some off I have recently & loving it.

Gives u a fantastic opportunity to refine ur round.

If u got too much work then cut back.

Sell some off I have recently & loving it.

Gives u a fantastic opportunity to refine ur round.
Agree with this.

I’ve become friends with another windie who has bought work off me, and still pays me for new work.

Takes two of us 6-7 weeks to get around. Don’t want anymore than that.

Pub time ?

Back