Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Only one DI vessel in van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Did it destroy your pump 😃
Now I've taken my RO/di out of the van into the garage I ro/di into tank in van then have another vessel sat in the van (its an xtank so has a cut out for vessel to fit in)

So in the van its goes tank - pump - di vessel - reel.

Bought a 2nd di vessel as when ro/di was attached to the xtank I had to empty van and take off both prefilters and 2 bolts to change resin. So had 2nd di vessel easily placed to replace. Finally stripped off the system from the xtank and now nice and simple in van. Just need to change resin now as after ro/di its 9ppm from 130ppm and after 2nd di its 1ppm for lazt fortnight so creeping up. Last resin change was July I think.

First photo you can see ro/di attached to xtank with 2nd vessel in lower foreground.

Second photo shows pared down set up with single vessel after pump in its own cutout.

Note to anyone thinking of making their xtank system static the backplate that held the ro membrane housing was used to hold leisure battery in its cut out but since removing I've relocate the battery to side door on a shelf.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240427-222737.jpg
    Screenshot_20240427-222737.jpg
    970.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240427-223306.jpg
    Screenshot_20240427-223306.jpg
    819.7 KB · Views: 1
First photo you can see ro/di attached to xtank with 2nd vessel in lower foreground.

Second photo shows pared down set up with single vessel after pump in its own cutout.

Note to anyone thinking of making their xtank system static the backplate that held the ro membrane housing was used to hold leisure battery in its cut out but since removing I've relocate the battery to side door on a shelf.
I know you probably know this but for anyone who doesn't those ratchet straps are doing nothing to prevent the tank crushing anyone in the front cab in the event of an accident!
If you are going to use ratchet straps then you need stronger eye bolts through the floor with spreader plates and positioned to stop forward movement. Ratchet straps and eye bolts rated at over over 4000kg would be wise.

I'm not having a go as it's your van and your business, I'm just writing this in case any newbie's think strapping a tank in is safe - it's not.

Everyone is free to chose how to work and what risks they are prepared to take unless you employ anyone then it's very different!

I know you probably know this but for anyone who doesn't those ratchet straps are doing nothing to prevent the tank crushing anyone in the front cab in the event of an accident!
If you are going to use ratchet straps then you need stronger eye bolts through the floor with spreader plates and positioned to stop forward movement. Ratchet straps and eye bolts rated at over over 4000kg would be wise.

I'm not having a go as it's your van and your business, I'm just writing this in case any newbie's think strapping a tank in is safe - it's not.

Everyone is free to chose how to work and what risks they are prepared to take unless you employ anyone then it's very different!
And I’ll add to this that if your installing uprated eye bolts then you may as well get a steel framed tank secured straight to the chassis itself. Do it once and do it proper! ‘Ohh but it’s so expensive…’ and I’m sure your widow will enjoy that couple of grand you saved. It’s your life. Don’t mess about!

Very true and need to get round to installing the xline steel frame from the transit connect that came with the xtank. Will ask the garage on Wednesday when van is in for CV joint 👍

Latest Posts

Back