Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

peugeot expert 1.5 or 2.0

WCF

Help Support WCF:

penfold

hi everyone, been van hunting and have seen a couple of nice experts.
the question is do i go for the 2 litre or the 1.5? almost identical age.mileage and spec.
do any of you have these vans?

the question is do i go for the 2 litre or the 1.5? almost identical age.mileage and spec.
I believe the 2 litre is considered the better especially if you have a decent size tank in there. The 2 litre will obviously use more fuel generally although the 1.6 might be OK if you haven't got many hills.

I've got 1.6. 400 litre tank 2 sets of ladders.

Generator gutter vac etc absolutely fine.

Hills are a problem but just use low gears. In my opinion the 1.6 is the better engine

I`ve got the 2.0. Only had it a few weeks so too early to report on reliability but so far so good. I choose the 2 ltr as I wanted something that wasn't straining too much when at full weight. The tank hasn't been fitted yet but will interesting to see what difference it makes. Got a feeling that the 2.0 is actually more economical.

Oh it's master jedi alejaml
Aye! Mine is the short wheel base with the 1.6. Only thing I don’t like is the lack of a 6th gear. Other than that it’s a wee cracker! Got a 500l tank mounted in. Never felt it struggle to be honest.
Yes I got the short wheel base to and 500 ltr upright tank. Bit shorter then my mk2 expert mwb but with a but with more cleverly thought out storage shouldn't be an issue even with gutter vac

I’ve got the 2 litre and love it. I haven’t personally tried the 1.5 but apparently it’s a bit gutless and with a tank in the back it struggles on hills

I`ve got the 2.0. Only had it a few weeks so too early to report on reliability but so far so good. I choose the 2 ltr as I wanted something that wasn't straining too much when at full weight. The tank hasn't been fitted yet but will interesting to see what difference it makes. Got a feeling that the 2.0 is actually more economical.
Mine is surprisingly economical I’ve never done less than 500 miles on a full tank and regularly do 600 if you throw in a few long journeys.

Oh it's master jedi alejaml

Yes I got the short wheel base to and 500 ltr upright tank. Bit shorter then my mk2 expert mwb but with a but with more cleverly thought out storage shouldn't be an issue even with gutter vac
Mines also SWB I carry the gutter vac strapped to the back wheel arch regularly; it’s not a small vac either. I am only putting 400l upright tank in mine which does save space as it’s only about 370mm wide. My bulkhead sticks out a bit where the headrests in the front are so having the thinner profile means I can still make use of the double side doors. I’m very happy with it; as you may be able to tell.

Mines also SWB I carry the gutter vac strapped to the back wheel arch regularly; it’s not a small vac either. I am only putting 400l upright tank in mine which does save space as it’s only about 370mm wide. My bulkhead sticks out a bit where the headrests in the front are so having the thinner profile means I can still make use of the double side doors. I’m very happy with it; as you may be able to tell.
How long have you had yours for mate? Has it been reliable?

How long have you had yours for mate? Has it been reliable?
I’ve had it nearly 4 years now and so far it’s been very good to me. I’ve had a couple of minor issues 1 was wheel bearings which is unsurprising given the roads round here and also the headlights had sunk a bit on last mot and had to be put back in place. Apparently they’re suspended on some gears and had jolted themselves downward. Other than that it’s never skipped a beat.

How’s yours been treating you?

I've got the 1.5 berlingo version,same engine as the Peugeot, I've got 500litre tank although usually only carry 300litre and the van pulls OK with that. I have however heard a few horror stories about these wee engines failing early due to a cam chain stretching issue which can if left unchecked cause total engine failure. 👍

I’ve had it nearly 4 years now and so far it’s been very good to me. I’ve had a couple of minor issues 1 was wheel bearings which is unsurprising given the roads round here and also the headlights had sunk a bit on last mot and had to be put back in place. Apparently they’re suspended on some gears and had jolted themselves downward. Other than that it’s never skipped a beat.

How’s yours been treating you?
That's good to know. I've only had it 3 weeks so too early to pass judgment l.

Latest Posts

Back