Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Public liability question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Carts69

I’m at the end of my first public liability insurance quote, under the “terms” section I have read.  

“The insured or its owners/directors has/have not become insolvent or made any voluntary arrangement with creditors or been subject to enforcement of a judgement debt either in a personal capacity or as a business”

My situation is.. I currently have a live ccj against me for a purchase years ago that I could no longer afford, do I need to contact the insurers regarding this or is this something different, I don’t fully understand?

Just call them declare it see what they say. Might not have a cost impact.
Thanks, they supplied there email regarding not meeting there terms, I’ve emailed them with the details, just thought I’d get an idea from you guys on what might happen?

Yes so if you can get insurance as a bankrupt you should be able to get it with a CCJ if you're current attempt fails. If it does then that is something else that would affect future attempts 
Yep, I see your point, hopefully find out tomorrow either way

From experience all it means is that odds are that they'll want the whole years premium in one payment and won't let you pay monthly. I went through a debt relief order in 2012 which is a type of bankruptcy, and for 2 years had to pay my car insurance upfront, same terms written as you've stated they have. If you've had it 2 years then it's 50/50 if that's the case. Different insurers have different criteria, as do different types of insurance so I may be wrong, but something to keep in mind.

Call A-Plan insurance. I went bankrupt in 2012 so have to disclose it as you do your CCJ. You will note the question doesn’t say a you currently, it says are or have you... simplified you technically always need to declare it even once it has been removed from your credit file. A-plan found me Public liability insurance for £13 a month, can’t fault them.

From experience all it means is that odds are that they'll want the whole years premium in one payment and won't let you pay monthly. I went through a debt relief order in 2012 which is a type of bankruptcy, and for 2 years had to pay my car insurance upfront, same terms written as you've stated they have. If you've had it 2 years then it's 50/50 if that's the case. Different insurers have different criteria, as do different types of insurance so I may be wrong, but something to keep in mind.
Feel like I’ve jus played top trumps with posting that directly after yours.... not intentionally or something I’m proud of!

Call A-Plan insurance. I went bankrupt in 2012 so have to disclose it as you do your CCJ. You will note the question doesn’t say a you currently, it says are or have you... simplified you technically always need to declare it even once it has been removed from your credit file. A-plan found me Public liability insurance for £13 a month, can’t fault them.

Feel like I’ve jus played top trumps with posting that directly after yours.... not intentionally or something I’m proud of!
Thanks all, I will update tomorrow with the outcome ?

Thanks all, I will update tomorrow with the outcome ?
Ok, got an email back today & had to answer 3 questions relating to the CCJ, this is for the insures to decide whether or not to insure me, never knew it would affect me for business insurance, car insurance ain’t affected so why business?

Back