Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roller wheels on sliding door + stubborn black mold in concrete?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

WatsonClean

Hi. Thankyou for taking the time to read.

So I thought I'd do 2 separate jobs in 1 post if that's ok.

There are 4 concrete sections in an alley way. 2 sections have this black mold or pigment within it that I can't seem to even discolor let alone eradicate. I've even gone to the extent of using pure hypo multiple times with no change on colour. And the use of a 4k psi jet wash with no change in colour.... Any tips or ideas on what this even is? Pictures attached:

Also I've never done maintenance on sliding doors and would like some advice on what tools/products and lubricants to use in regards to the initial clean and then maintenance for the customer 2 X per year. (It's the rollers that need the maintenance)

Im fairly new to posting here and haven't contributed to the community myself and am asking for help..and I genuinely very much appreciate any input. Thankyou again for taking the time to read.

Attachments

• IMG20240424101236.jpg
    IMG20240424101236.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20240424101218.jpg
    IMG20240424101218.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20240411141926.jpg
    IMG20240411141926.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20240321095608.jpg
    IMG20240321095608.jpg
    748.2 KB · Views: 0
The rollers do look a little corroded but I would be tempted to use silicon lubricant on them. Don't use WD40 as it's not a lubricant and actually contains solvents which might not be good for upvc.

Sorry no idea about the concrete.

The rollers do look a little corroded but I would be tempted to use silicon lubricant on them. Don't use WD40 as it's not a lubricant and actually contains solvents which might not be good for upvc.

Sorry no idea about the concrete.
Thankyou. Noted! It's actually a sprayed aluminium. Would a scouring pad be suitable with a dash of oil to get the rust off initially? I don't want to scratch the ally. And on the insides it's a dark grey colour so could easily scratch the paintwork FFS 😅.

That black on the path isn’t in the cement it’s self is it ? Neat hypo would kill anything if it’s mould / bacterial growth
That's what I'm thinking. But why! Could the builders of spilt something in the mix?😅 Because there was green algae over the top..took away the algae and now have this black I can't shift with anything.
I don't mind telling the customer I can't get it out but I would just like to tell him why I can't get it out. And what I think it is. Thank you mate

Back