Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof Cleaning Pics. I'll pay you for them

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TWC2020

Starting up a roof cleaning business, but as yet only done a few, so I'm looking for content for website.

Need good quality before and after shots. Pay £5-15 per set of images. I will not begiving credit when up on site, they will be purchased and then claimed as ours.

Preferably looking for people from outside of London and home counties - That way we're not trading on toes and egos.

Thanks!

Starting up a roof cleaning business, but as yet only done a few, so I'm looking for content for website.

Need good quality before and after shots. Pay £5-15 per set of images. I will not begiving credit when up on site, they will be purchased and then claimed as ours.

Preferably looking for people from outside of London and home counties - That way we're not trading on toes and egos.

Thanks!
If Trading Standards find out you are showing images of work you claim to have done and haven't that's false advertising and can land you in a lot of trouble.

Never heard or read someone willing to pay for committing fraud. Don't think the roof cleaning business will take off. If one is that desperate then all you do is clean your own or relatives roofs and post the photos.

Thanks!
It’s always dangerous using someone else’s images as you might not be able to get the results they can , if I were you I would Wait until I had my own images from jobs I had personally done , that way there cannot be any issues that’s how I built up our portfolio , I doubt many would be prepared to do what you are asking .

I have found 6 on Google I'll pm you, my details for the £90 ?

but seriously why would anyone let you use their images of their hard work and the skills and experience they've used to achieve the results they can 100% deliver you'd be completely falsifying what service you can provide to potential customers

It's fraudulent and anyone selling photos for this purpose is, arguably, entering into a criminal conspiracy to commit fraud.
And what if the photos have already been used on a website and a customer finds them doing an image search? If nothing else it's probably enough to get a site de-indexed by Google and image searches are even more accurate now with Google lens.

If Trading Standards find out you are showing images of work you claim to have done and haven't that's false advertising and can land you in a lot of trouble.

It's purchase of usage rights of an image for illustrative purpose. Which is entirely legal otherwise every two-bob site with stock photography of someone cleaning would be involved in litigation. Which they're not

It's purchase of usage rights of an image for illustrative purpose. Which is entirely legal otherwise every two-bob site with stock photography of someone cleaning would be involved in litigation. Which they're not
they will be purchased and then claimed as ours
Illustrative purposes is one thing 'claiming them as yours' is another!

The only reason I pointed out a potential issue is that some people don't realise passing off images of work as their own is iffy. I'm not intending to have a go at you just provide info.
Obviously everyone is free to run their business as they see fit.

Illustrative purposes is one thing 'claiming them as yours' is another!

The only reason I pointed out a potential issue is that some people don't realise passing off images of work as their own is iffy. I'm not intending to have a go at you just provide info.
Obviously everyone is free to run their business as they see fit.
It would be fraudulent if I stated it explicitly as our work or I just took images from the internet of other people's work which would be morally reprehensible as well - We've had it done to us on window cleaning. Which is why I was offering to pay a fee for rights

It's just filling out content until portfolio is broad enough as there's very little stock image to use of roof cleans.

Thanks.

Thanks!
There was a video advert of steam cleaning a roof doing the rounds on Facebook which was pretty impressive and literally a few days later the same video popped up on YouTube but by a different very well established company. I decided to message the guy on Facebook and told him he should put a disclaimer on his advert indicating it was only an example of what they do as it clearly wasn’t his work. Needless to say I’ve not seen the advert since and can’t find it anywhere on Facebook ?

It's fraudulent and anyone selling photos for this purpose is, arguably, entering into a criminal conspiracy to commit fraud.
And what if the photos have already been used on a website and a customer finds them doing an image search? If nothing else it's probably enough to get a site de-indexed by Google and image searches are even more accurate now with Google lens.
This is a classic pic that is used on a lot websites.

Attachments

• F82AB5AE-E766-4B29-ADA3-EE014837AA10.jpeg
    F82AB5AE-E766-4B29-ADA3-EE014837AA10.jpeg
    18 KB · Views: 10
This is a classic pic that is used on a lot websites.
I had a friend email me pictures of some softwashing jobs that we had done and are on my website they appeared on a guy in Middlesbrough direction website , I phoned the guy up and he was very apologetic and said that his web designer had done it for him but did know ware he got the images from , I asked him to get them removed which ti be fair within 24 hours they were gone , but this web guy was a professional web designer and should have known better , I think he thought because I was hundreds of miles away I would never find out , or see my pictures on his site .

I had a friend email me pictures of some softwashing jobs that we had done and are on my website they appeared on a guy in Middlesbrough direction website , I phoned the guy up and he was very apologetic and said that his web designer had done it for him but did know ware he got the images from , I asked him to get them removed which ti be fair within 24 hours they were gone , but this web guy was a professional web designer and should have known better , I think he thought because I was hundreds of miles away I would never find out , or see my pictures on his site .
I started sticking my logo in a prominent position to put people off using them. I wouldn't mind but it brings our credibility into question if the same photos pop up all over the place and begs the question - who actually did that job?

I started sticking my logo in a prominent position to put people off using them. I wouldn't mind but it brings our credibility into question if the same photos pop up all over the place and begs the question - who actually did that job?
The guy didn’t initially believe me when I said they were my pictures untill I gave him my website details and showEd him the propertys on Google earth and gave him the addresses , I wouldn’t have a clue how to put my details on the pictures but might speak to my website guy about doing it for me , this post is a good reminder of what can happen , it was only by chance that a friend stumbled across theses pictures

The guy didn’t initially believe me when I said they were my pictures untill I gave him my website details and showEd him the propertys on Google earth and gave him the addresses , I wouldn’t have a clue how to put my details on the pictures but might speak to my website guy about doing it for me , this post is a good reminder of what can happen , it was only by chance that a friend stumbled across theses pictures
I know you're not into computer stuff and I never used to have a clue about it, but learnt some of the basics out of necessity. Editing photos is surprisingly easy using Windows and you just open the image and paste a logo, for example, from your gallery and place it where you want. Or you can just add text wherever you like.
Also, if you right click a photo it may still have the data r.e. where and when it was taken. It is possible to erase it but website designers are often pretty lazy about images and might not do this. You should also give images a relevant filename - right click and select rename. Again easy to change but often missed (this is also good for SEO purposes).

I know you're not into computer stuff and I never used to have a clue about it, but learnt some of the basics out of necessity. Editing photos is surprisingly easy using Windows and you just open the image and paste a logo, for example, from your gallery and place it where you want. Or you can just add text wherever you like.
Also, if you right click a photo it may still have the data r.e. where and when it was taken. It is possible to erase it but website designers are often pretty lazy about images and might not do this. You should also give images a relevant filename - right click and select rename. Again easy to change but often missed (this is also good for SEO purposes).
LiveCollage App is really good for editing pics and videos. I did a video for a FB post of me cleaning a roof lantern at about 5X normal speed with background music, really simple to do. Made me look super fast using a WFP ?

LiveCollage App is really good for editing pics and videos. I did a video for a FB post of me cleaning a roof lantern at about 5X normal speed with background music, really simple to do. Made me look super fast using a WFP ?
Not heard of that one but I tend to stick to what I know so still using 'Paint' in Windows 7!!

Ride of the Valkyries or a bit of Drum & Bass

Back