Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scrims

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@johnny bravo If you have a look at window clean centre they have a good selection and they deliver fast 👍
years back i was in that place .Whenever i went in there was nobody about and one time i leaned on a pallet of scrim while i waited for someone to appear then i moved off just browsed about.The owner then appeared and first thing he said was are you interested in bulk buying scrim? pretty sure he has a peephole ,hes an oddbod defo seemed the type

years back i was in that place .Whenever i went in there was nobody about and one time i leaned on a pallet of scrim while i waited for someone to appear then i moved off just browsed about.The owner then appeared and first thing he said was are you interested in bulk buying scrim? pretty sure he has a peephole ,hes an oddbod defo seemed the type
@Bell Pallisey oh ok, I didn't know you could go in there (although I live miles away anyway). I've only ever spoken to them on the phone and in fairness they are very helpful. I usually order any traditional stuff from them because it's always very well packaged and always arrives super quick.

I used to like the white scrims although the brown are a lot thicker and last longer. I moved to fishscale micro fibres around 5 years ago for detailing and have never looked back. They take a bit of getting used to when you’ve been used to using scrim for years but they are far superior imo.

I used to like the white scrims although the brown are a lot thicker and last longer. I moved to fishscale micro fibres around 5 years ago for detailing and have never looked back. They take a bit of getting used to when you’ve been used to using scrim for years but they are far superior imo.
@Cleanco I haven't tried the fishscale ones. I swear by the unger 4000's which last absolutely ages, but I might try the fishscale next 👍

Fish scale are great for buffing leaded windows. I find once a fish scale is wet though it takes forever to dry. Where as hanging my scrim up over lunch I can get another go at it

I carry a good few incase I need to swap it out. I can usually make one last a full day unless it’s raining.
i remember one lunchtime my scrim was a tad wet so i trapped it in my car window and drove 25 miles to where my afternoons work was.Flapping wahey in the breeze as i went . When i got there i untrapped it and guess what?............... ..............it was just as wet as when i set off

i remember one lunchtime my scrim was a tad wet so i trapped it in my car window and drove 25 miles to where my afternoons work was.Flapping wahey in the breeze as i went . When i got there i untrapped it and guess what?............... ..............it was just as wet as when i set off

would’ve been better bangin it on your heaters in the van👍
A lad I used hang around with years ago had his own stuff which he used to take home everyday and wash his cloths/scrims etc. If he forgot in the evening he would do a wash out first thing and dry his scrim in the microwave, crazy😂
He said it worked though🤔

Back