Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwashing using a nano trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi guys am going to clean my roof and render and was planning on using my nano trolley with wfp and chemical jet but was wondering is it ok to use hypo with a nano trolley?
I use the the trolley for window cleaning normally.
I have a gardiner pole is there any good brushes to use as well?
Any tips and feedback would be much appreciated

Hi guys am going to clean my roof and render and was planning on using my nano trolley with wfp and chemical jet but was wondering is it ok to use hypo with a nano trolley?
If Nano trolleys are still using Shurflo pumps I personally wouldn't attempt it however many will do otherwise and insist on a good rinse through after

Shurflo 8000 series pumps aren't equipped with viton seals or diaphragms so its a risk you may be willing to take
If you knacker it it's £100.00 and a few days of the trolley out of action.

It's always worth looking for a secondhand backpack and putting a chemical pump in it as a designated piece of kit

Just my opinions

If Nano trolleys are still using Shurflo pumps I personally wouldn't attempt it however many will do otherwise and insist on a good rinse through after

Shurflo 8000 series pumps aren't equipped with viton seals or diaphragms so its a risk you may be willing to take
If you knacker it it's £100.00 and a few days of the trolley out of action.

It's always worth looking for a secondhand backpack and putting a chemical pump in it as a designated piece of kit

Just my opinions
Would a gardiner backpack be ok?

Would a gardiner backpack be ok?
Gardiner backpack is not rated for chemicals but use it and rinse well and you should be fine plus da components sell a chemically rated direct replacement pumps. Even if a backpack breaks it won't stop you working till you fix it. Don't use kit you depend on to earn a living for things its not designed for.

As @ched999uk says you can get a chemical pump that’s a direct replacement for the Gardiner backpack. I’ve done this and put everything through it. The pump holds up fine but I did find that the orange tubing that Gardiner use eventually turns brittle; as if it’s turned into plastic. It can then leak a bit but it’s really easy to replace.

We have 3 nano trollys that are only used for softwashing oldest must be around 4 years old still on the original pump it’s flushed through after every use with water and still fine . However it would void any warranty tge pumps on the nano aren’t chemical rated the other pf trollys they are . New pump is only £55 so cheap and easy to replace if needed

As @ched999uk says you can get a chemical pump that’s a direct replacement for the Gardiner backpack. I’ve done this and put everything through it. The pump holds up fine but I did find that the orange tubing that Gardiner use eventually turns brittle; as if it’s turned into plastic. It can then leak a bit but it’s really easy to replace.
Thanks mate where did you get the pump from?

Gardiner backpack is not rated for chemicals but use it and rinse well and you should be fine plus da components sell a chemically rated direct replacement pumps. Even if a backpack breaks it won't stop you working till you fix it. Don't use kit you depend on to earn a living for things its not designed for.
We used to use Gardiner backpacks again found they lasted around 3 years before getting problems and at £125 tge first job pays for it and still making good profit , just flush it through and it will be ok , but again it’s going to void any warranty if using hypo in it but we never had any issues with them again had 3 of them all were fine ,but flow rate is a bit slow for doing big walls ok for plastics or smaller areas

We used to use Gardiner backpacks again found they lasted around 3 years before getting problems and at £125 tge first job pays for it and still making good profit , just flush it through and it will be ok , but again it’s going to void any warranty if using hypo in it but we never had any issues with them again had 3 of them all were fine ,but flow rate is a bit slow for doing big walls ok for plastics or smaller areas
What are you using now mate?what's the best way to do it?

I got a nano trolley after talking to PJJ and it's the best thing I've done. Used gardiners backpack before and I hated having to keep going back to turn off and on again. With the trolley I can control the flow rate and turn off and on from the remote made my life so much easier.

Like PJJ said, give it a good flush afterwards. I normally have a spare 20ltr barrel with fresh water to flush it all straight through after

I have a nano trolley but wasnt sure if it would be ok using hypo in it mate?
What nozzle do you use for spraying
I use the Rutland pumps nozzles but they are now plastic rather than the metal ones

Attachments

• 60B93A4A-9439-41FB-A33C-2B09C6974A55.jpeg
    60B93A4A-9439-41FB-A33C-2B09C6974A55.jpeg
    662.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 7343A2AE-284F-414B-97CA-28EB54D85C67.jpeg
    7343A2AE-284F-414B-97CA-28EB54D85C67.jpeg
    751.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0909.jpeg
    IMG_0909.jpeg
    558.8 KB · Views: 0
We have 3 nano trollys that are only used for softwashing oldest must be around 4 years old still on the original pump it’s flushed through after every use with water and still fine . However it would void any warranty tge pumps on the nano aren’t chemical rated the other pf trollys they are . New pump is only £55 so cheap and easy to replace if needed
£119 now.

Bear in mind the DA pump is "chemically" rated not "bleach" rated. I think it the Everflo pump has to have "SW" in its product reference description to be bleach capable. I maybe wrong but I think I am correct.

Cheers guys ,regarding my roof I got it coated a couple years ago but on the side where it doesnt get the sun it's starting to go green in places,would you suggest a biocide to clean this or hypo?

Cheers guys ,regarding my roof I got it coated a couple years ago but on the side where it doesnt get the sun it's starting to go green in places,would you suggest a biocide to clean this or hypo?
If it's coated I would use biocide but it will take a few months to show results. You might find that hypo bleaches the coating but you could test it on a small area that's not seen. Hypo will give instant results though.
I would be tempted to biocide so I could gain some images and then know from personal experience how long it was before a customer might see results.

titan backpack from screwfix for £80
No speed control but runs like gardiners on 75%
2 year warranty so if it breaks take it back and no quibble replacement at the counter
If they moan chuck it in the fuckit bucket and get a new one as it would have made it’s money

titan backpack from screwfix for £80
No speed control but runs like gardiners on 75%
2 year warranty so if it breaks take it back and no quibble replacement at the counter
If they moan chuck it in the fuckit bucket and get a new one as it would have made it’s money
I thought there were roughly the same price as a gardiners?

Back