Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bank Details On Not A Home Cards

WCF

Help Support WCF:

nwcs

Hi all just wondered if any body did this.

My cards I put in has please send cheque to. And I have name and address on but now more are using online banking just wondered if its worth putting sort code and account number on for bacs payments.....

Ive got a few that pays though backs as I dont collect at all.

Is it safe to do ?

I wouldn't myself but that's just me
Smurf I really want to pick your brain.

Can I ask how you get all your work.

Is it website or leaflets or word of mouth ?

Hope u don't mind me asking.

Really want to get into doing more deep cleans and gutter work just don't know how to do it.

I do jobs for my wc customers but want to get more from none wc customers.

My phone rings about once a month from my free advert on yell.com but thats just wc jobs.

I don't do any other advertising or have website.

Been offered guttercleaningdarlington.co.uk

Mine has been on my invoices for the last 2 years with no problems there's not much they can do with it,

I have them on mine. If you take a look, the details you need to give for people to send you bank transfers - A/C No, Sort Code and A/C Name are all on any cheques you write. So, if it is safe for that information to be on a cheque, then it is safe to be openly published. In fact, my bank details are also on my website.

I'd be concerned about someone acquiring the details & setting up a direct debit, I think this happened to Jeremy Clarkson a few years when he thought it was fine to publish his account numbers in his Sun column.

Maybe a business account prevents this...

I personally think the first thing that anyone should do is have a good website built that when up and running is visible on the first page of google organic search results (not pay per click advertising) is defo a no brainer.

Most people now search online be it at home, at work or out and about when wanting to find local business as is very convenient to do so. It seems now very few now use phone book directories so I don't waste my money in advertising in them.

Having a good visible website is a major advantage too as people want to find out more about the company & services they provide and if the look of the site and content is good (the information they are looking for) will generate enquiries.

As I'm writing this I've just taken on another monthly clean from a lady who phoned my mobile that was at work at the time after visiting my site on her phone. It seemed she had already made up her mind for me to do the work subject to cost that was given this time over the phone. Also just received another call on my landline for an exterior house clean including patio & driveway to quote for this evening after I have finished my work booked in this afternoon. Also other outstanding website enquires from yesterday that I have to follow up.

Regarding my other work it comes from recommendations, whilst working on jobs and being asked to give quotes by neighbours and not forgetting repeat business. But for me it all started from website enquires as I have done very little door knocking.

Most of my work is adhoc exterior cleans and because of my age I’m happy just to plod along that way working 3 days or so a week but could be easily working full time 7 days a week if I wanted to.

Smurf I really want to pick your brain.

Can I ask how you get all your work.

Is it website or leaflets or word of mouth ?

Hope u don't mind me asking.

Really want to get into doing more deep cleans and gutter work just don't know how to do it.

I do jobs for my wc customers but want to get more from none wc customers.

My phone rings about once a month from my free advert on yell.com but thats just wc jobs.

I don't do any other advertising or have website.

Been offered guttercleaningdarlington.co.uk

Getting back on topic like RC for commcrial work I would include bank details on the invoice for bacs payment and will sometimes give bank details out when a residential customer prefers to pay their bills by online bank transfer. As for putting my bank details on your windows have been cleaned today slip then no I don't.

Thanks smuf for talking the time to reply.

I was thinking your would say website.

Any one want to tell me the yearly cost involved in having a website.

Had loads of company offering to build one and host it but the prices have been very different

Get dodger to build your website. Damo is currently setting me up and the calls and emails he get is unreal when I am with him. It's constant most days. He has had a big campaign start as well tho. He's found a clever way of getting customers.

Back to the topic. I wouldn't be bothered about bank details. It's like a custy giving you a cheque. It has more details on It

The secret is out. Ohhhhh noezzzz
Away then damo spill the beans.

U been going on about this big campain months.

Its not fb is it.........as u can see Im soo hated on fb at the min lol

Away then damo spill the beans. U been going on about this big campain months.

Its not fb is it.........as u can see Im soo hated on fb at the min lol
No chance lol. My competitors post on here lol

And nooooooo not FB

Back