Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Membrane filter.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

smearclear

Can any one tell me a bit about 40/40 membrane filters . What is different between them. My water presser is 60  from normal tap.

How are some better than others . I am using for window cleaning. Thanks Carl from  smearclear.co.uk

Can any one tell me a bit about 40/40 membrane filters . What is different between them. My water presser is 60  from normal tap.

How are some better than others . I am using for window cleaning. Thanks Carl from  smearclear.co.uk
If you use the search bar you'll find all the answers 

@spruce @ched999uk @doug atkinson constantly post the various types / brands including low & high pressure 

If you use the search bar you'll find all the answers 

@spruce @ched999uk @doug atkinson constantly post the various types / brands including low & high pressure 
Window cleaners aren't the only ones who use reverse osmosis to purify water. Merlin r/os were designed around American kitchens as a third tap especially for drinking and cooking purposes. The membranes didn't have to be that efficient as your drinking water needs to have some minerals in it.

Aquatics also use r/os for fish keeping as do the drinks industry where tap water is hard. They also add additional filters to improve the taste of the water.

When it comes to window cleaning, we want the most efficient membranes to strip the water of as many minerals as possible . This reduces the amount of resin we use to polish those remaining particles to get water with zero TDS.

Quality membranes are more expensive and are mostly American made. Chinese manufactured membranes are much cheaper but you get what you pay for. They usually don't last as long and aren't as efficient so your cost of resin increases. But those who buy on price alone usually end up paying more in the long run.

The Chinese copy product, usually with a lower quality and much cheaper price tag. They are also masters at "copy and paste". So they copy the specs of a quality membrane and paste it as how their membrane will perform. We generally trend to read and believe the specs the manufacturer provides to make a buying decision. Easy to get sucked in when there is a big price difference.

Benjamin Franklin wrote; “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.”

Do a search on hf4 and hf5 membranes, Fiberdyne prefilters and water pressure @smearclear

As @Apw1210responded,  we have beaten this subject to death on this forum. The search tab at the top will bring up hundreds of posts over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back