Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner backpack issue

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sparky71

Hi new to the site been using backpacks for over 20yrs this 1 has me perplexed. Switch not working on position 1 so changed switch no joy changed varyflow no joy. No loose wires everything connevted up. Position 2 fine just too fast uses to much water and kills battery life.
Anyone got any ideas?

Hi Sparky71

When you replaced the Flow Controller did you disconnect the battery or remove the fuse first?

There sometimes can be a small chance of 'blowing' a new flow controller if the system is powered up when connecting it up depending on which wires gets connected first. It may not be this, but it is one of the few things that comes to mind.

There is another small chance that the replacement flow controller is faulty.

Drop our team a message on [email protected] asking for a callback and one of our team can talk with you to assist further.

Kind regards

Alex

I’ve had the same problem with mine. Don’t mind workin on no 2 though as I only use it every now and again. Seems like there has been a lot of problems with these recently. I have bought a new one last month ready fir when this one goes so hopefully all the problems have been addressed🤞
Tbh I’ll be glad to see the bank of this one as it’s just been problem after problem with it. I’ve used em for years with no problems at all so I wonder if they have changed something in the manufacturing stage @Alex Gardiner

I had same issue, replaced flow controller and so far so good.

This will sound stupid but… when I first tested it I hadn’t connected my pole to it so the orange tube filled up on setting 2 and when I checked to see if setting 1 was working the pump wouldn’t turn on because it has its auto shut off mechanism. Connected the pole and everything’s fine but for a little while I thought it was still broken.

Back