Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gardners

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

anyone know whats going on i tryed to order a load of bits but web page wont put anything in the basket ?it keeps saying may be out of stock but even jets pole sections ect wont go in shorly not everything out of stock ! @Alex Gardiner

anyone know whats going on i tryed to order a load of bits but web page wont put anything in the basket ?it keeps saying may be out of stock but even jets pole sections ect wont go in shorly not everything out of stock ! @Alex Gardiner
I couldn’t order anything the other day Gardiners looked at it from their end and said it looked fine tried 4-5 times but still wouldn’t work so did the order over the phone in the end ,

Unfortunately more and more companies are going the same way at least they will phone you back many now don’t have that option
Trouble is, they sometimes don’t call back for hours.
If I have a problem that needs resolving quickly, I prefer to talk about it rather than e. mail.
I get most of my stuff from Gardiners, however, there have been many occasions that I’ve phoned, no answer, so I’ve phoned and ordered from Varitech.
I personally don’t think it’s a big deal to have one person to answer a phone call

Last edited:
I personally don’t think it’s a big deal to have one person to answer a phone call
If you think about that the cost of employing 1 person, even at minimum wage it's about £30k as their salary is £17,888 plus holiday pay, sick pay, pension, employer national insurance etc.
So about £30k for someone to answer the phone is a big amount, would it earn Gardiners an extra £30k profit, I doubt it. Plus the extra pressure of more employees wages to be paid each month and the liability of a down turn/competitor producing a killer product that could cost big if he has to make someone redundant.

While we all want instant answers/help at times we also want the cheapest prices (just look at previous thread about delivery charges). I think not having someone answer the phone and the ability to receive a call back is not perfect but 90% of the time is ok.
It must be difficult running a small/medium sized business. I think Alex does a decent job as he has to deal with product development, testing, manufacturing, quality control, staff, etc.

I think most people on here would like equipment manufacturers to invest in developing better products for us all.

If you think about that the cost of employing 1 person, even at minimum wage it's about £30k as their salary is £17,888 plus holiday pay, sick pay, pension, employer national insurance etc.
So about £30k for someone to answer the phone is a big amount, would it earn Gardiners an extra £30k profit, I doubt it. Plus the extra pressure of more employees wages to be paid each month and the liability of a down turn/competitor producing a killer product that could cost big if he has to make someone redundant.

While we all want instant answers/help at times we also want the cheapest prices (just look at previous thread about delivery charges). I think not having someone answer the phone and the ability to receive a call back is not perfect but 90% of the time is ok.
It must be difficult running a small/medium sized business. I think Alex does a decent job as he has to deal with product development, testing, manufacturing, quality control, staff, etc.

I think most people on here would like equipment manufacturers to invest in developing better products for us all.
Probably be far more cost effective, and considerably less time consuming, for someone already working having a head set on rather than going into office and playing back left messages and returning calls

Probably be far more cost effective, and considerably less time consuming, for someone already working having a head set on rather than going into office and playing back left messages and returning calls
True but imagine trying to get your work done and ever 5 mins getting interrupted by the headset ringing. If it was me I would forget if I had rinsed a window or not so have to rinse again :)
Maybe once they have all the orders packed for the day they 'catch up' on the phone and email messages?

Thousands of successful companies seem to have no problems with it 👍

True but imagine trying to get your work done and ever 5 mins getting interrupted by the headset ringing. If it was me I would forget if I had rinsed a window or not so have to rinse again :)
Maybe once they have all the orders packed for the day they 'catch up' on the phone and email messages?
You could also calculate the amount of lost orders (loads from me alone) that are missed because people don’t want to wait hours to speak to someone.
I don’t want to look like I’m cussing off Gardiners too much. I’m a regular user and think their products are number 1 👍🙂

As most questions will be technical then I wouldn't think it would be a problem. If it was for a purchase then the reply would be please buy online or email requirements.

Trouble is, they sometimes don’t call back for hours.
If I have a problem that needs resolving quickly, I prefer to talk about it rather than e. mail.
I get most of my stuff from Gardiners, however, there have been many occasions that I’ve phoned, no answer, so I’ve phoned and ordered from Varitech.
I do agree with you I much prefer phoning and talking to someone, but a lot of business are going the same way with in line sales only and no human contact at all

There's nothing I've ever needed from gardiners that can't be ordered online....

Not once in 14 years of wfp have i needed to phone up for anything.if you have a good stock of wfp spares you won't need to speak to anyone
I've had to contact them when ordering a new pole and the gooseneck that I want isn't one of their options (swivel). Other than that it's all worked online easy.
There is bound to be the odd question here and there that isn't detailed on the website.

There's nothing I've ever needed from gardiners that can't be ordered online....

Not once in 14 years of wfp have i needed to phone up for anything.if you have a good stock of wfp spares you won't need to speak to anyone
For some strange reason I can’t order stuff from my account with them it says there is a problem please try later they have tried several times from there end and say it’s fine, it’s still the same so I phoned to place an order usually I would order on line unless ime not sure about something technical.

Back