Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gardners

WCF

Help Support WCF:

For some strange reason I can’t order stuff from my account with them it says there is a problem please try later they have tried several times from there end and say it’s fine, it’s still the same so I phoned to place an order usually I would order on line unless ime not sure about something technical.
Could you try logging out and checking out as a guest? In case theres an issue with your account?

There's nothing I've ever needed from gardiners that can't be ordered online....

Not once in 14 years of wfp have i needed to phone up for anything.if you have a good stock of wfp spares you won't need to speak to anyone
I agree you don’t need to talk to them to place an order, that wasn’t my point.
I’m saying if I need an answer to a problem, I like to speak about it there and then

There's nothing I've ever needed from gardiners that can't be ordered online....

Not once in 14 years of wfp have i needed to phone up for anything.if you have a good stock of wfp spares you won't need to speak to anyone
Great if you've got the finances to carry spare parts but there's lots of newbies working hand to mouth

Tried all that 😬😬😬
You could create another account as a temp fix. If you have a gmail account you can put a . within the first part of your email address and any emails will still arrive at your normal gmail account but Gardiners will see it as a new email address.

For some strange reason I can’t order stuff from my account with them it says there is a problem please try later they have tried several times from there end and say it’s fine, it’s still the same so I phoned to place an order usually I would order on line unless ime not sure about something technical.
Have you cleared your cache or used incognito/private browsing window sometimes that helps. Maybe a bad cookie is preventing it from loading properly.

Have you cleared your cache or used incognito/private browsing window sometimes that helps. Maybe a bad cookie is preventing it from loading properly.
I have no idea ime not good with technology but a friend of mine has also looked at it who is good with stuff like this and he said he didn’t understand it either , Gardiners say it should work but it’s not , I don’t need anything at the moment but will try it again when I do ,

Tryed again last night and still the same so logged in and it worked got my brush order in 😀👍 trying the fan jets got 100 degree and 50 degree ones just to try out 🤞

not answering the phone is sheer laziness ,theres no excuse for it .
Not at all. Gardiner's is like most other sales outlets. They have certain times in the day when they receive a high number of telephone calls. It then goes quiet until the next peak.
Alex did explain the reason why they have adopted this policy. I can't remember the figures, but he needed in excess of 20 persons to answer every phone call during those peak times.
When the peak is finished they would have very little to do.

Another poster has listed what the salary cost could be of each staff member. If he were to employ enough staff to answer every phone call that came in, the cost of what you are buying would increase a lot.
We would all be complaining then.

Our local motor factors of an example of what happens at peak times. There are now 5 guys on the counter serving customers and answering telephone calls. Go in there 10 minutes after they open and there are people waiting at the door to get in. The phone just rings and there is no one to answer it as they are busy with customers. Go on there at 11 and there is no one waiting to be served and no telephone calls. They are standing around twiddling their thumbs.

Over the years, I have found Gardiners to be an excellent company to deal with. Any issues were immediately rectified.

Alex once said that they are running their business the best way they can. We all have the choice to buy stuff elsewhere if we aren't satisfied with the way they run their business.

It's the same with us. I believe I'm running my business the best way I can. We have had customers who wanted to be serviced differently. A couple wanted me to clean their houses every 2 weeks. Others wanted to call me when they wanted their windows cleaned. They now have another cleaner. It's their choice. I'm fine with it.

on reflection a good excuse for not answering the phone could be he gets a lot of silent calls.Whether they are from rivals/ex employees or even a mad ex thatd be a great reason for not answering . Another reason to put up images of that billy-club collection that hes been amassing

Why do you need to ring them ? Ive never had to ring any supplier for anything ever

You order from the website and it turns up. In fact, you very rarely have to ring anyone for anything in 2024 most things are dealt with online.

on reflection a good excuse for not answering the phone could be he gets a lot of silent calls.Whether they are from rivals/ex employees or even a mad ex thatd be a great reason for not answering . Another reason to put up images of that billy-club collection that hes been amassing
😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🤣

Anyone tryed the new extreme stiff I’ve had a quick go tonight and prefer it to the old extreme stiff also tryed the goose neck valve and I have to say it’s a very nice bit of kit it may replace my univalve as my hand is hurting from tugging the hose also tryed the fan jets I’m not shore about those yet the reds are better but they are really noisy 😂

Anyone tryed the new extreme stiff I’ve had a quick go tonight and prefer it to the old extreme stiff also tryed the goose neck valve and I have to say it’s a very nice bit of kit it may replace my univalve as my hand is hurting from tugging the hose also tryed the fan jets I’m not shore about those yet the reds are better but they are really noisy 😂
We have a number of shift workers on our round. I swap brush heads to one with pencils for these customers as I feel the noise could disturb someone sleeping.

We have a number of shift workers on our round. I swap brush heads to one with pencils for these customers as I feel the noise could disturb someone sleeping.

I thought this might be an issue when I first started using these jets so I also had a separate brush with pencils in just in case, but I don't think I ever needed to use it. I've even asked a few over the years if they find them disturbing and they've pretty much all just shrugged their shoulders and said said words to the effect that I'm not there long enough for it to bother them.
Now I've said that I'll no doubt find someone who is :LOL::LOL:

Do you mind me asking what time your shifts start/finish @spruce ? I've seen lots of out of hours commercial work but the size of some blocks of flats etc some must be done at irregular hours I suppose. I like the grey 100⁰ fan jets but they are definitely noisier on the windows. Almost like a sort of fizzing sound (bit difficult to describe).

Why do you need to ring them ? Ive never had to ring any supplier for anything ever

You order from the website and it turns up. In fact, you very rarely have to ring anyone for anything in 2024 most things are dealt with online.
I only deal with suppliers that I talk to. It's key to build a business relationship. Faceless Internet sales is lame in my opinion

Latest Posts

Back