Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help Needed: "PS" Error on Ionic Reach and Wash Titan 300L After Battery Reversal

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sami

Hello everyone,

I’m seeking some advice on an issue I've encountered with my Ionic Reach and Wash System, specifically the Titan 300L model. Recently, I accidentally connected the battery in reverse, and although I’ve corrected this and verified that the pump and fuses are operational, the system is still not working. It’s displaying a "PS" error, which I suspect is related to the pump controller potentially being damaged by the reversed battery connection.

Has anyone here faced a similar problem? Any insights on how to diagnose or reset the pump controller would be incredibly helpful. I’ve checked the manual for specific troubleshooting tips regarding this error code but haven't found much that resolves the issue. I'm also considering reaching out to technical support but thought to consult here first for any quick fixes or advice from those who might have had the same problem.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• Pump Controllers - Ionic Systems - Google Chrome 27_04_2024 13_06_35.png
    Pump Controllers - Ionic Systems - Google Chrome 27_04_2024 13_06_35.png
    182.4 KB · Views: 0
Hello everyone,

I’m seeking some advice on an issue I've encountered with my Ionic Reach and Wash System, specifically the Titan 300L model. Recently, I accidentally connected the battery in reverse, and although I’ve corrected this and verified that the pump and fuses are operational, the system is still not working. It’s displaying a "PS" error, which I suspect is related to the pump controller potentially being damaged by the reversed battery connection.

Has anyone here faced a similar problem? Any insights on how to diagnose or reset the pump controller would be incredibly helpful. I’ve checked the manual for specific troubleshooting tips regarding this error code but haven't found much that resolves the issue. I'm also considering reaching out to technical support but thought to consult here first for any quick fixes or advice from those who might have had the same problem.

Guessing you have blown the controller @Ian Sheppard or @spruce are the experts on this type of thing

PS is normally pressure switch but as you have reversed it and it's not a v16 then I guess you have blown the controller.
I believe Spring ( looks like ionics use spring controller) offer a repair service for the controller or just a replacement board.
Might just be worth getting a v16 controller as you might be able to pick one up on monday if you have a supplier close by, alternatively you should be able to get one on next day for tuesday.

Hello everyone,

You may be able to pay the manufacturer Spring Europe Ltd a repair fee if the pcb is salvageable if not you'll need to buy a new V16 controller as what you have is a V11 with no polarity protection.

When I first had a new v11 I made sure to add a diode into my wiring loom to prevent this

Speak to Ian or call them and discuss your options

Good Morning Sami

As Ched and Spruce have mentioned It is very likely that the PCB has ben damaged when the cables were connected the wrong way. The PS message will display If there is heigh pressure in the system and the pump pressure switch has activated. Or in the event of an electrical fault. Usually that would be a loose wiring connection or damaged cables. If the control pump drive circuit is damaged the control would show PS.

The Ioninc Controllers use a specific connector port so you best bet is to contact Ionic initially

Back