Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help Pricing These Blocks

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Marco8

Hi guys

I know hard from than image but how long do you think apprx would take to clean a site like this, it's 3 blocks. Everything visible on the 2 Road sides and then obviously the same on other.

Max up to 50ft from pavement. The back of building is higher ground.

LGS210720_01.jpg

Just don’t get sucked into the cleaning of the balcony’s I say. No one who can actually do the job would quote for them anyway.

I wish to caveat this and say that I mean no offence to the OP with this but… if you have to ask how long a job like this will take you then it’s worth considering if you have the skills to complete the contract. This isn’t cladding or anything confusing or uncommon it’s just windows. The OP may have been seeking advice because of balconies etc and I respect that but often these types of post seem to be people searching for how long it will take on just windows.

Hi guys

I know hard from than image but how long do you think apprx would take to clean a site like this, it's 3 blocks. Everything visible on the 2 Road sides and then obviously the same on other.

View attachment 29926
Things to consider:
1, your pure water supply and regeneration / refill intervals
2, access around the building footprint
3, obstructions and architectural challenges
4, manpower
5, equipment & spare back up

With the upmost respect, Asking an Internet based forum for a prescribed time frame in my opinion doesn't best highlight an operators experience in this line of work.
Sometimes it's easy to think you could make a quick buck but then there's times to walk away and let someone more experienced take on the job.

Bearing in mind you can't access the majority of windows as they're behind balconies what you can access isn't that much. Probably a morning work..

Quote without doing the balconies - residents can do themselves.

Likely they don't clean the windows often on buildings that size so they would be dirty with the dirt wielded to them.

We would do from a cherry picker. That way we leave the windows perfect clean.

Vents on the windows could give you problems for water fed pole cleaning.

Sometimes the site caretaker they might give you a heads up on what they previously paid.

These sites usually get multiple quotes so you have a 50%, 33%, 25%, or 20% chance of being awarded the job.

Other factors come into play, but they usually go for the lowest price.

Quote without doing the balconies - residents can do themselves.

Likely they don't clean the windows often on buildings that size so they would be dirty with the dirt wielded to them.

We would do from a cherry picker. That way we leave the windows perfect clean.

Vents on the windows could give you problems for water fed pole cleaning.

Sometimes the site caretaker they might give you a heads up on what they previously paid.

These sites usually get multiple quotes so you have a 50%, 33%, 25%, or 20% chance of being awarded the job.

Other factors come into play, but they usually go for the lowest price.

Personally feel it’s a job to walk away from we certainly wouldn’t even bother to quote it .

Hi guys

View attachment 29926
This is our bread and butter work, all full windows we can reach, so rules out balconies, and top half of windows on balconies. Possibly 2 men 2 hours so 4 man hours per block.
If they start talking about how to do balconies just walk away

This is our bread and butter work, all full windows we can reach, so rules out balconies, and top half of windows on balconies. Possibly 2 men 2 hours so 4 man hours per block.
If they start talking about how to do balconies just walk away

That’s interesting you say do the windows you can get to every job we have been asked to quote like this it’s in the contract about doing balconies that’s why we don’t bother with them 😂😂

That’s interesting you say do the windows you can get to every job we have been asked to quote like this it’s in the contract about doing balconies that’s why we don’t bother with them 😂😂
With Juliets we wash above and rinse down through the steel frames. We don’t go through them but as the doors open in over it's easy for residents to clean them if they want to.

Hi guys

View attachment 29926
This is one of them jobs where you should charge stupid money & don't worry too much if they say no, them balcony windows will be a b**ch, to do all of them by hand in a timely manner... yeah not for me, is there a lift in the building ?, personally i would say no to the job, unless they accept the balconies won't get done at all. try £3,000 just for the lolz if they take it, do the job and smile.. If not well somebody else would spend at least 3 days to a week doing this for peanuts..

Back