Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to clean filthy brush bristles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

southcoastkev

Does anyone have any tips on how to clean filthy brush bristles please?

I used a new Dupont brush on a first clean today, and the seals of the windows were so bad that the bristles have gone dark grey in colour. Never had this happen before.

Is it worth soaking the brush in anything like a little soap solution or something like that to try and get some of the grey out?

Any tips welcome.

Thank you.

I use G101 from AutoSmart. Soak them and use an old Unger brush head to scrub them then rinse them off

Used to put them in the dishwasher before I moved house

I give my brush a quick dip in my trad bucket of soapy water and turn the flow up full and wash it out with my hands. It never comes up perfect straight away but I make sure I give an extra good rinse for a few houses after just to make sure. A lad I know washes his brushes out regularly as you would applicator sleeves but I’ve never bothered although I do sometimes use my window cleaning brushes for conny roofs etc so they usually come into contact with some sort of degreaser which should clear out any build up

Depends on the type of filth.. Last brush i cleaned was a finger nail brush and it had greasy goop all up in the bristles.. Over night soak in equal parts bleach/water, looked brand new in the morning..

Back