Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How would you do inside of this?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ben c

I've been asked for a price to clean the inside and outside of this orangery, outside is no problem but inside I'm not sure of really,

any suggestions?
Screenshot_20240516_141115_WhatsApp.jpgScreenshot_20240516_141115_WhatsApp.jpg

I personally would use elbow grease degreaser or something like this to wipe the white areas , I’d also use this on the glass if it’s got a lot of muck on first.

Then I’d work my way along each window cleaning with traditional style with some kind of big towel or blanket even underneath as I move along

You’d need a tall stepladder in my opinion

Interested to see what other methods people use

I'm half decent with trad methods, but not from a pole. Yeah step ladders was all I could think of.....not sure I have any tall enough. I did think maybe some micro fibre type thing on one of my wfp but not sure

If you just use pure and pads you could be in for a world of hurt as they can smear something horrid!
For these jobs we work off tall step ladders and mop and blade - cuts through any dirt/grease
window vacs are great for these type of jobs

The only way you will get good results inside is to get up close and personal with trad gear , theses pads on poles are useless on dirty glass they just cause smears tried the dragonfly and another make a while ago waist of money . I would use step ladders to reach it we do one very similar.
In and out in that we would be £450 minimum .

Attachments

• IMG_1978.jpeg
    IMG_1978.jpeg
    814.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1793.jpeg
    IMG_1793.jpeg
    874.6 KB · Views: 1
I'm half decent with trad methods, but not from a pole. Yeah step ladders was all I could think of.....not sure I have any tall enough. I did think maybe some micro fibre type thing on one of my wfp but not sure
@Ben c I'm okay-ish with traditional pole work. Although I don't particularly like the quality of Moerman stuff, I have the 10 inch liquidator and Fliq pad which is great on a pole. You may find a smaller squeegee on the pole helps control. I couldn't get on with the 14, but the 10 is much easier to use.

@Ben c I'm okay-ish with traditional pole work. Although I don't particularly like the quality of Moerman stuff, I have the 10 inch liquidator and Fliq pad which is great on a pole. You may find a smaller squeegee on the pole helps control. I couldn't get on with the 14, but the 10 is much easier to use.
Thanks I might get hold of one and have a practice

The only way you will get good results inside is to get up close and personal with trad gear , theses pads on poles are useless on dirty glass they just cause smears tried the dragonfly and another make a while ago waist of money . I would use step ladders to reach it we do one very similar.
In and out in that we would be £450 minimum .
Yeah looks like another set of step ladders, mine won't reach that height I don't think

I do quite a few like that one on my round. They usually have em done around every six months internally and along with every maintenance wash externally. Most of em are usually situated near the kitchen/dining area so get quite bad with grease and also spider/fly mess. I use a karcher window vac on a pole system for the panels as you don’t want any dirty water coming down on the painted white edges especially if it’s a mat paint as it will stain big time and I use a damp cloth and step ladders to get the frames and do any detailing on the panels whilst I’m up there. Ones that size usually take me around half hour to an hour depending how bad they are just for the inside. The outsides are done with wfp and are usually done along with every regular clean so nice and easy taking a few mins max. If it was a one off it would take considerably longer so charge accordingly.

Yep only way to clean these is pad and squeegee up close.watch for dirty water dripping on any white walls.should only take 15mins or so but I would still charge a good price as they will struggle to get anyone else to clean it.
I try and avoid at all costs as it's proper messy

That will leave smears everywhere been there and tried that years ago , the only time you can get good results is if the glass is 99% clean
No worries just a thought I do all glass roofs inside that way and velux windows and have no complaints gd luck with your job if you use a squeegee your going to have dirty water running everywhere mate the only other way is a backpack but you still need the pads Gardiner website have a video on there for indoor cleaning

No worries just a thought I do all glass roofs inside that way and velux windows and have no complaints gd luck with your job if you use a squeegee your going to have dirty water running everywhere mate the only other way is a backpack but you still need the pads Gardiner website have a video on there for indoor cleaning
I have tried the dragonfly and another thing years ago was a waist of time and money squeegee gives the best results you do get a wet elbow but nothing that bad

I have tried the dragonfly and another thing years ago was a waist of time and money squeegee gives the best results you do get a wet elbow but nothing that bad
Yeh I agree but I use purified water I'm just thinking of trying to keep the walls clean M8 I would myself go over 1 panel about 4 times just needs not to be sunny when you do it

Yeh I agree but I use purified water I'm just thinking of trying to keep the walls clean M8 I would myself go over 1 panel about 4 times just needs not to be sunny when you do it
Yes they are designed to have pure used and I did but they aren’t suited for even the slit of dirt in glass they just spread it around especially on the edges and corners looks worse after cleaning than before, we did a car showroom looked awful had to trad the lot and then looked fine

Latest Posts

Back