Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No Stamp On Envelope..!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

When you've got over 300 bills coming through it's a bit different.I've had no complaints as my customers prefer not to be disturbed asking for money.besides that tots up over the year and adds up,money better spent elsewhere.

I've been doing this for 5 years and works for me.plus paying myself a massive whack out the business happy days!

If a stamp costs say 50p on a £10 job that alone is a % 5 reduction on income why should you the cleaner have to foot the bill ?

All those 50ps add up over the year .

If your on 4 weekly like most cleaners thats £6 a year just to get paid ! For 1 job .
So it's that or pay the £1.50 when they send it with no stamp or go & collect. Either way costs you money. Not everyone pays through bank esp oaps so what do you do????

If I earn £130 a day & I gotta give 3 SAEs with a 50p stamp on each & saves me driving to collect in my eyes that's well worth £1.50 spent.

No never collect,online,cash or cheque posted without stamp.learned of my old boss,had 1 van 30 years ago and sold his business for 1.5 million 5 years ago.leant loads of him,he never collected,got to many jobs to look at and want to see family and mates.

No never collect,online,cash or cheque posted without stamp.learned of my old boss,had 1 van 30 years ago and sold his business for 1.5 million 5 years ago.leant loads of him,he never collected,got to many jobs to look at and want to see family and mates.
How many online payments do you take? And how much does that cost you in fees? I bet it would be more cost effective to supply them with a stamped envelope.. I think PayPal eats nearly 50p on £5 payments.. Even more on £10 payments, and even more on £20 payments..

So if you have been cleaning windows all your life and started when you was 16. Why aint you a millionaire then lol?

Forget PayPal, faster payments free from bank accounts. If they use PayPal then online banking is obviously ok with the customer too, it's quicker and free.

If you want to look like a cheap skate then forget the stamp. If you want to be taken seriously then add the stamp on the envelope.

How many online payments do you take? And how much does that cost you in fees? I bet it would be more cost effective to supply them with a stamped envelope.. I think PayPal eats nearly 50p on £5 payments.. Even more on £10 payments, and even more on £20 payments..
Don't use PayPal mate.

Works well for me,my customers don't mind at all before I was about the old window cleaner would knock on Sunday morning for his cash,not good.!

So if you have been cleaning windows all your life and started when you was 16. Why aint you a millionaire then lol?
Because I've only been self employed for 5 fella and I've a high maintenance mrs lol.

You seen the only way is Essex!

I am still in the dark ages on this subject, but then again I'm an old tradder!

I leave a slip in the door if customer is not home, then go back and collect. If it's too far away I collect double next time. I accept cheques, not then I very rarely receive one in payment (maybe one or two a year at the most!).

Whatever way you choose, beit SAE, or non-SAE, you can claim your outlay back from the nice man at the tax office. Another way is to factor this expense into your prices. Do what is right for you.

John

Back