Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Service. Pump sounds ‘crunchy’

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No on the pump head. There are six brass bolts that when removed the seat valves can be found. They can get jammed after not being used for a long period of time or when the pump is brand new. You can get them working again by running a hose pipe through where the machine draws water. They have probably freed themselves up while you have been trying to get it going. There was a good video on You Tube by Q Washers of how to test them but I can't find it...
Cheers. Will have a look at that. Would that in turn have an effect on the unloader banging down like that?

Cheers. I’m hoping a bit of use is freeing up whatever stuck. Thankfully the first job is cleaning down an old wall prior to us restoring it so less of a cleaning job and finish not as critical. I’ll take the unloader apart in the meantime or buy a spare and see how it goes.

You shouldn't be having an issues with it being only used for twenty hours... I think you will be fine just give it a good run and next winter run anti freeze through it and disconnect all hoses and leave the gate valve open and fingers crossed nothing will sieze up.

You shouldn't be having an issues with it being only used for twenty hours... I think you will be fine just give it a good run and next winter run anti freeze through it and disconnect all hoses and leave the gate valve open and fingers crossed nothing will sieze up.
Sure you’re right. As you can see from pics it’s pretty much brand new looking though it does get well cared for. Let me down once by not having the one stupid spare I needed so I’ll get one anyway.

Just to add to this Terry from Jetmac came back to me today and diagnosed from the video that’s the pump isn’t getting enough water and to check the filter. Haven’t had a chance yet but pleased that he knows his stuff well enough to point me in the direction of the unloader as the source of the noise immediately. Even better if he’d replied before I’d stripped the gearbox but hardly his fault I’m impatient and like taking stuff apart. 😂

Back