Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

superficial scratches on window ledges from sill brushes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

ive noticed latelly my Sill brushes are leaving very light superficial scratch marks along the sills after wiping dirt off .
Have to sometimes wipe with a Erazer Sponge and they just as easilly disapear. My Sill brushes are old & used daily but are still clean looking . Never noticed before. Has anyone else noticed this

Washing up & down the white UPVC frames theres not a mark. Its always along the Window Ledges

ive noticed latelly my Sill brushes are leaving very light superficial scratch marks along the sills after wiping dirt off .
Have to sometimes wipe with a Erazer Sponge and they just as easilly disapear. My Sill brushes are old & used daily but are still clean looking . Never noticed before. Has anyone else noticed this

Washing up & down the white UPVC frames theres not a mark. Its always along the Window Ledges

My son tends to wash the lower window frame horizontally with his brush vertically. The side of his brush head tends to rub along the sill. He leaves marks on some sills which we have to remove with Pink Stuff. It's the way he works. I wash the lower frame with the brush in a horizontal position. I scrub the sill is the same way and don't get the marks he does.

We have also noticed long strips on some sills which are done during manufacture and nothing to do with us.

ill try a different brush maybe buy a new Sill brush. prob need renewing now.
Is it a Gardiner sill brush?

Xline make a bumper for their sill brushes but it's orange and can leave orange marks on the sills/frames.

That's why I ditched Xline bumpers (and Xline sill brushes as too heavy to be honest). Went with rectangular Xline brushes with white Gardiner bumpers. Worked well but changed back to Gardiner supreme brushes with their own shaped white brush bumpers. Just piece of mind that I can't be accused of scratching sills/frames. Well can be accused but can prove highly unlikely 😅

If anyone wants any Xline brushes bumpers I've still got loads (11) of new rectangular ones they can have for free if willing to pay for postage .

do you change the brush to wash the sills?

Back