Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Very sad news

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Davy G lost his battle against cancer this morning. I think the vast majority on here thought he was a great bloke for advice and encouragement and I personally will miss his input and joy of life.
On behalf of dad, myself and Kathy I would like to thank everyone for their kind words. It has been a hard few months leading to this point, but now Davy G is at peace and no longer suffering. He was a very proud man who never wanted to burden others with his troubles, so I'm not surprised that it comes as a shock to so many to find out about his passing. He was not alone when it was his time to go and I believe he knew how much he would be missed. In many ways I believe it was his choice to leave us when he did, as the thought of saying a final goodbye to so many friends and peers would have been very hard indeed.

I know that dad had a real fondness for this group. His passion was always to be found in the sharing of knowledge with others and giving help and advice whenever he could. Even if that meant being told off for being on the phone replying to someone on the forum whilst sat at the dinner table!

I had the great joy of working alongside dad to build up our business for the best part of half a decade and you can all believe me when I say that his absence is very much felt. But I will take up the reigns and continue doing the work that he was so passionate about, and which brought him so much joy.

My thanks go out to everyone here who passed the time of day with him, whether you agreed or disagreed on whatever the subject. You all helped to give him something to think about outside of his own mortality, and especially in his final months he was definitely grateful for that, as am I.

Take care of yourselves, and maybe the next time you're able raise a glass to the good old boy Davy G

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Davy G lost his battle against cancer this morning. I think the vast majority on here thought he was a great bloke for advice and encouragement and I personally will miss his input and joy of life.
Sad news indeed, thoughts are with his family and friends.

its very sad news indeed, i had many conversations with dave and i really liked him, i even bought a van on his reccomendations as to how they were, he was very straight forward and helped many many people with advice that was concise and informative. i would have loved to have a couple of pints and a chat with him.
i'll raise a glass tonight for you mate.

I’m very sorry to hear this news. I had absolutely no idea until this thread.
Thank you for your emotional post. It’s a positive thought to know he’s not suffering anymore.

I never got to know him personally but- Davy G said one of the funniest things I’ve ever read on here, and have even quoted it to other people who also joked about their age.
There was a discussion last summer maybe when a few of the more, how do I say ‘mature’ ones on here we’re having banter about their age. Then Davy G said “I went to school with the vikings, they were a right rowdy bunch”
I don’t know why but I just couldn’t stop
Laughing at that! And I even gave credit to Davy G once when I quoted that in a similar scenario and said someone on a window cleaning forum said it. Someone who can laugh, and laugh themselves is a beautiful & underrated quality.

Still in shock about it and gutted that I didn't manage to publish my 3 year business update before he passed as I think DavyG would have been keen to hear about it. He has given me so much advice over that time but he never 'told' me how to do it, only said how he did it and what worked for him. He was always really friendly on here and was such a massive contributor, I always enjoyed the posts he wrote.

I think many will agree and can relate to the fact that window cleaning although a great business to run, is a very lonely one when you work alone, yes you have the customers but in terms of discussing work there is no one, you can't even discuss it with friends and family because they don't do the job and don't fully understand it. So it's coming on this forum where you get the chance to bounce stories off each other, discuss business, best working methods, pricing and general banter / chit chat.

So I'd say without this forum I don't think I'd have a business now as I wouldn't have been able to figure it all out on my own and DavyG was a massive part of this forum, he added the warmth to otherwise blunt cold threads, he added the balance between disagreements / differing opinions.

I admired the way he had his big operation, and even he joked about looking like he had been in a sword fight, but within months he was back out working, it's this attitude that made me realise that anything is possible and also to make the most of what you've got.

If I had to emulate a great work / life balance I think DavyG had it.

I wish you all the best John.bri, I can't imagine how hard it must be, but it seems like you've taken great wisdom from your dad with your very well put heart warming post. If you need to chat about anything I recommend coming on here, DavyG was great to this forum and this forum will look after you if you need it.

R.I.P DavyG

So sorry to hear this. It's funny how although the names on here are names on a screen but the advice of Davy G and so many others have helped me so much over the years and with all the banter on here and occasional fall outs aswell as help and advice it really does feel like you get to know peoples characters. And from everything I've ever seen Davy G was a fantastic character and good bloke and will be sadly missed. Fly high Davy G

Been away for a while, not the best news to return to
Top bloke always positive it seemed
Had spoken to him directly more than any other member also. Friendly helpful genuine guy who had a lot to offer and would give advice which no doubt helped a lot of people including myself
Keep the round going and do him proud
Hopefully he’s in a better place now and not in pain any more ??

Back