Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Washing up liquid

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Do you guys still use washing up liquid to clean windows or is there a new thing on rhe block you all use.
I’m still on washing up liquid but I saw a post on here saying that HG Window Cleaning Concentrate is actually Squeegee Off in a different bottle at a cheaper price. I’m going to try that out next time I’m buying soap

I’m still on washing up liquid but I saw a post on here saying that HG Window Cleaning Concentrate is actually Squeegee Off in a different bottle at a cheaper price. I’m going to try that out next time I’m buying soap
I didn’t, I bought GG3. It’s a game changer. I’m off the dish soap, these professional products are there for a reason.

I didn’t, I bought GG3. It’s a game changer. I’m off the dish soap, these professional products are there for a reason.
I stopped using washing up liquid a few years ago and wouldn't go back. I use Unger liquid mixed with gg4 (gg4 for it's water softening properties as the water is extremely hard where I am). Strange thing is my squeegee rubbers last a lot longer since I changed which I assume is down to the water softeners.

I stopped using washing up liquid a few years ago and wouldn't go back. I use Unger liquid mixed with gg4 (gg4 for it's water softening properties as the water is extremely hard where I am). Strange thing is my squeegee rubbers last a lot longer since I changed which I assume is down to the water softeners.
I do mostly WFP but I have a lot of old properties and some of them prefer traditional cleaning. I mix the gg3 with pure water as it’s always on hand so haven’t found the need to try gg4.

Can you mix gg3 with gg glide? It’s only ever advertised with gg4 so I wondered if it doesn’t work with gg3 or something

Do you guys still use washing up liquid to clean windows or is there a new thing on rhe block you all use.
@maccauk11 I use unger ninja liquid which is brilliant or ettore squeegee off. I was told that the squeegee off and the hg stuff from b and a are the same but they aren't. It's the same company and similar bottle but the ettore stuff is thick and gloopy whereas the hg stuff is thin like water (have tried and compared both). Only reason I don't use washing up liquid is the damage it causes your skin when dipping in and out of it all day (cracking and dryness). Window cleaning solutions don't do that to me so I use them.

@Peter J I have used GG4 with GG glide absolutely fine. Haven't tried GG3 as I think it's for soft water areas and I live in a hard water area. I would have thought it worked ok though mate.

I do mostly WFP but I have a lot of old properties and some of them prefer traditional cleaning. I mix the gg3 with pure water as it’s always on hand so haven’t found the need to try gg4.

Can you mix gg3 with gg glide? It’s only ever advertised with gg4 so I wondered if it doesn’t work with gg3 or something
The manufacturers website says it is designed for use with gg4. It doesn't mention gg3 so not sure.

@maccauk11 I use unger ninja liquid which is brilliant or ettore squeegee off. I was told that the squeegee off and the hg stuff from b and a are the same but they aren't. It's the same company and similar bottle but the ettore stuff is thick and gloopy whereas the hg stuff is thin like water (have tried and compared both). Only reason I don't use washing up liquid is the damage it causes your skin when dipping in and out of it all day (cracking and dryness). Window cleaning solutions don't do that to me so I use them.

@Peter J I have used GG4 with GG glide absolutely fine. Haven't tried GG3 as I think it's for soft water areas and I live in a hard water area. I would have thought it worked ok though mate.
Are you serious my friend about your hands? Naahh, your aving a laff ain't ya?

I tried gg3 and gg4 found it didn’t sud up enough so cross blading left direction change marks I now use razor glide it’s fantastic dish soap is terrible for leving glass sticky all the pro soaps that Sud up are good I’ve tryed them all

Back