Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water fed pole pump trolley & control box project complete

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Great build @Apw1210

Quick question,  do you know how much is the psi on your pump?

I read that your able to do up to 3 story's with it....

Is the lpm the factor more so then the psi in reaching 3 story's?

The pump I'm currently using for single story's is this one in my pump box...

20201106_095724.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great build @Apw1210

Quick question,  do you know how much is the psi on your pump?

I read that your able to do up to 3 story's with it....

Is the lpm the factor more so then the psi in reaching 3 story's?

The pump I'm currently using for single story's is this one in my pump box...

View attachment 22305
Good evening. My pump is 12v 5.2lpm at 150psi 

I upgraded it to boost the flow and give more pressure along the hose

Good evening. My pump is 12v 5.2lpm at 150psi 

I upgraded it to boost the flow and give more pressure along the hose
That what I need to do is upgrade my pump.

Which pump did you up grade to?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Steve 

Hi Pjj i was washing away and the pump just stopped working. Wireless relay flow controller etc all lit up just no pumping, battery read 12.4 volts. Same happened on another pump last week ?
What are you pumping? Water or chemical? 

Do you have an inlet stainer ? 

Are you using a fuse to protect the pump from high current ie brown 7.5amp fuse 

What kinda pump is it?
Compact 12v diaphragm pump 

What are you pumping? Water or chemical? 

Do you have an inlet stainer ? 

Are you using a fuse to protect the pump from high current ie brown 7.5amp fuse 

Compact 12v diaphragm pump 
Shurflo pump

Strainer in tank, mix of pure and tfr.

Fused 7.5 amps 

Luckily I'd finished the gutters and had trad tools to finish the windows ?

Shurflo pump

Strainer in tank, mix of pure and tfr.

Fused 7.5 amps 

Luckily I'd finished the gutters and had trad tools to finish the windows ?
Shurflo pumps unless specific types are not for chemical use. They don't have Viton diaphragm seals. 

If your still using a Trail7 thats why. They are only fresh water pumps. Always good practice to have the Shurflo strainer on the pump and not the tank 

Shurflo pumps unless specific types are not for chemical use. They don't have Viton diaphragm seals. 

If your still using a Trail7 thats why. They are only fresh water pumps. Always good practice to have the Shurflo strainer on the pump and not the tank 
It only had about 5 litres max through it and was gonna replace next week ! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like an electrical issue somewhere to me , any chemical damage wouldn’t make a pump stop like that we put hypo through non chemical rated pumps for over 3 years without causing any problems cheak all your electrical connections for corrosion , and that they are tight , I haven’t used sure flow pumps for  years but they are good pumps 

Sounds like an electrical issue somewhere to me , any chemical damage wouldn’t make a pump stop like that we put hypo through non chemical rated pumps for over 3 years without causing any problems cheak all your electrical connections for corrosion , and that they are tight , I haven’t used sure flow pumps for  years but they are good pumps 
 Didn't have time earlier so I'll check it over tomorrow for any wiring errors cheers PJJ

Can you take a clear photo of your setup 
I'll take on in the morning cheers

A possible cause 
Hopefully thats all it is, can't keep throwing good money at it mate

Just a little update on this, the pump works when connected directly to the battery terminals, so would I be correct in assuming either the wireless relay or the flow controller are faulty ?

I 've also made a cover for the switch panel out of a plastic face sheild just in case water was getting into any of the components and it was tripping something out.

Just a little update on this, the pump works when connected directly to the battery terminals, so would I be correct in assuming either the wireless relay or the flow controller are faulty ?

I 've also made a cover for the switch panel out of a plastic face sheild just in case water was getting into any of the components and it was tripping something out.
So my initial steps of fault finding are as follows.

As you've shown

Test the flow controller output terminals V+ v- assuming your battery is fully charged and the flow controller on and at maximum 99% you should get a reading of approximately 12v plus or minus 

My own 433mhz wireless relay is being used as a basic two pole switch so it replaces the flow controllers green start button by creating a closed circuit at the press of the transmitter button.

If your getting voltage (output) from the flow controller then that's good and the next steps are testing the wireless relay switch 

So the supply for the wireless switch is constant and is fed from your fused master isolation switch. V+ v- 

I can't remember the switch pin connection without looking but you should have 3 wires, one short piece as a bridging loop and two outputs to the flow controller switch 

So my initial steps of fault finding are as follows.

As you've shown

Test the flow controller output terminals V+ v- assuming your battery is fully charged and the flow controller on and at maximum 99% you should get a reading of approximately 12v plus or minus 

My own 433mhz wireless relay is being used as a basic two pole switch so it replaces the flow controllers green start button by creating a closed circuit at the press of the transmitter button.

If your getting voltage (output) from the flow controller then that's good and the next steps are testing the wireless relay switch 

So the supply for the wireless switch is constant and is fed from your fused master isolation switch. V+ v- 

I can't remember the switch pin connection without looking but you should have 3 wires, one short piece as a bridging loop and two outputs to the flow controller switch 
Hi Austin

Thanks for the  reply mate.

I'm not getting any voltage on the pump side of the flow controller, but getting 12 plus on the input side of  it so there's power to it but not out, the led is turned right up till 100. Can the flow controller be by passed by joining the positive feed and output and negative cables up ?

Back