Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterworks electric reel noise.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Spartan

Hi lads,
I've got a couple of waterworks electric reels, one has started making a very bad noise, like a grinding sound when turning.
I expect it's the bearings - any ideas on what to do, or is it a new reel that's needed. Only had about 2 years use so abit disappointing tbh, it's the original reel btw.
Cheers.

Hello Spartan. Long time no see 🙂
Hi Steve,
Yeah I come in and read the posts now and again, for some reason my phone never logs me in a username. I signed in today to post.
How's your ford custom doing?
All good I hope, had a few mates who is have had terrible troubles 😞

Hi Steve,
Yeah I come in and read the posts now and again, for some reason my phone never logs me in a username. I signed in today to post.
How's your ford custom doing?
All good I hope, had a few mates who is have had terrible troubles 😞
Been brilliant. Had the wet belt changed a couple of weeks ago.
It’s serviced every year even though I do very low mileage.

Hi lads,
I've got a couple of waterworks electric reels, one has started making a very bad noise, like a grinding sound when turning.
I expect it's the bearings - any ideas on what to do, or is it a new reel that's needed. Only had about 2 years use so abit disappointing tbh, it's the original reel btw.
Cheers.

None of the waterworks reels are up to the job.your better off with a PF reelmaster.had mine 7 years now and it's been fantastic.

No snapped belts
No broken switches
No bad bearings

They are built to last

None of the waterworks reels are up to the job.your better off with a PF reelmaster.had mine 7 years now and it's been fantastic.

No snapped belts
No broken switches
No bad bearings

They are built to last
They are up to the job we have 4 in daily use since they were launched and only had one belt snap, I have had more issues with my pure freedom reels that cost 2 k

They are up to the job we have 4 in daily use since they were launched and only had one belt snap, I have had more issues with my pure freedom reels that cost 2 k

What issues have you had with the reelmasters?I've not had a single problem in 7 years of continuous use(apart from chain coming off in the first week of use)

No snapped belts
No broken switches
No bad bearings

They are built to last
I had the first HD reel and it never missed a beat not one single issue other than needing to change an O ring, I now have the belt driven one,

If you were take a look at some people on Facebook they just don't look after stuff and abuse it, my thoughts are that the abusers are the ones who have had issues

What issues have you had with the reelmasters?I've not had a single problem in 7 years of continuous use(apart from chain coming off in the first week of use)
First pair were wired up wrong , controller issues with another one , knocking noise from another which is still an issue they can’t find what it is it is fine one day and the next you put your hand on the end ware the brass knuckle is and you can feel and here a loud knocking , both reels leak from the centre spindles without taking the reels completely to bits you can’t tighten up the spindle with angle adapters on them as you can’t get to them , I will take some pictures when I have the hose off next , I tried putting some of that gt 60 stuff or what ever it’s called on it ti try and stop it it’s helped but not a cure . The whole design of the reels is very poor if the chain comes off or needs replacing it’s a nightmare to get to that little panel that comes off on the inside of the reel should have been on the outside so it’s easier to get to it , the way the centre spindle is fitted is ridiculous you can’t tighten any of it up without dismantling the whole reel . Then the adjustment for chain tension is another very poor design. The build quality of the reels is ok they are over engineered in the weight and thickness of material I accept that , but the design is very poor and could have been considerably better again at 2 k for two reels I would expect much better , the fix reels are far better designed and work much better but dint think you can stack them ? If pure freedom sorted the mentioned issues they would be a much better reel I do like them and it they worked without theses issues they would be excellent.

Latest Posts

Back