Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

when did you last go canvassing?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As the title says when did you last go canvassing and what was your average customer to doors knocked?

ive been going for about 6 months getting clients online but i am really inclined to knocking on doors but im scared of rejection!

As the title says when did you last go canvassing and what was your average customer to doors knocked?

ive been going for about 6 months getting clients online but i am really inclined to knocking on doors but im scared of rejection!

They won't shoot you. Remember, each no brings you closer to a yes. It helps to look at no's positivity.

You will get rejections and lots of them. It's just a numbers game, the more you knock the more likely you are to get a new customer.
I have done it a few times and never had any abuse etc. Last time I chose the wrong area, all bungalows and most of the people where on zimmers so I felt so guilty about knocking!
If you want a really compact round then make a note of who you have spoken to and who you need to go back to at a different time.
Just looks smart (workwear ideally with your logo/name on), smile, be polite, keep your 'pitch' short and sweet - something like - do you have a window cleaner - if no - can I gave you a quote, if yes - no problem, sorry to have disturbed you, have a great day.

I prefer posting flyers. I am well established, so do things a little differently. I post 'we clean your neighbour's' slips or target areas we're we have low take up. 1 lead to every 100 flyers is about right for us.

If your converting every lead, your too cheap. Concider knocking the pricing up a bit.

We convert around 50% of our new leads.

Try to think about it like this. If they have dirty windows, you could be the exact solution they have been looking for. You are a helpful resource. Your offering to solve problems for people. If they don't need you now, they may need you later. Keep that in mind if your doing door to door sales. Be ready for hearing a lot of 'No's'. It's not personal. They just don't have the problem of dirty windows right now. Give them a flyer, and let them know you'll be happy to help if they need you in the future. It still helps get your name out there.

I prefer posting flyers. I am well established, so do things a little differently. I post 'we clean your neighbour's' slips or target areas we're we have low take up. 1 lead to every 100 flyers is about right for us.

If your converting every lead, your too cheap. Concider knocking the pricing up a bit.

We convert around 50% of our new leads.

Try to think about it like this. If they have dirty windows, you could be the exact solution they have been looking for. You are a helpful resource. Your offering to solve problems for people. If they don't need you now, they may need you later. Keep that in mind if your doing door to door sales. Be ready for hearing a lot of 'No's'. It's not personal. They just don't have the problem of dirty windows right now. Give them a flyer, and let them know you'll be happy to help if they need you in the future. It still helps get your name out there.
so how many flyers/ we clean your neighbours slips do you send out? also is the 'we clean your neighbours slips' better at getting customers? cheers

I just post flyers myself when I get a chance. We service 500 properties a month, so there isn't a great need for large flyer drops.

The little A6 neighbour slips are just handy, alway in my pocket with my sevice slips, so if I pass dirty windows, it's 2 seconds to post a slip.

I couldnt give you figures, but it does work well.

A few years ago I spoke to a franchise owner of the renowned Bens gutter busters and they claimed they had 3 enquiries per 1000 postal spam circulars within a selected town

i havent made a big effort to canvass for a long time -this is a BIG mistake -even though iv a full round and have for years.Every biz needs new customers to force it ahead .Once met a lady who has a big domestic cleaning biz,she employed a full timer semi retired couple just posting flyers day in day out-this meant her biz grew and grew .She herself had never cleaned herself,not even 1 house . Her hubby was upstairs sitting at a PC /on the phone arranging her cleaning army.

Latest Posts

Back