Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New business equipment advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HFD

Hi everyone

I am after some help / advice off you guys.

I am looking at starting a exterior cleaning business offering pressure washing, patio cleaning, windows & gutters.

I may venture into the soft washing down the line also but as not very knowledgeable on that yet ill do research first and hopefully build up clients.

Was after some help on what to look for and to get equipment wise..

What size van?
What size water tax / long reach mounted?

When offering patio / drives / pressure washing do you use the water mains or do you use the water tank in the van for example?

If so will this give enough pressure or is there anything to look out for..??

Any brands or bundles to look for or recommendations?

At this moment i dont have any as i am holding off to get the answers as i dont want to buy a van that ends up not big enought and same for a water tank.

Thanks in advance

Any help and recommendations very much appreciated.

My advice is to do lots of reading. This forum has all the info you need. Before I started I read virtually every post and made lots of notes as everyone runs their business differently. Watch lots of UK youtube vids on each of the services you would like to offer.

I know that's not quite the easy answer you where looking for but if you just receive the odd answer and invest thousands and then you realise that the answer you received wasn't complete you will be annoyed.

The other thing to consider is your budget. You are looking at about £12k for a 5 year old transit, if you went to Pure Freedom a window cleaning setup is about £10K, spinaclean for a gutter vac and pressure washer at about £6k plus water fed pole and reel etc so you wont get much change out of £30k.
Then again you could do it much cheaper with an older van, a diy wfp tank (with bolted in frame) system, and more budget friendly gutter vac and pressure washer...

I'm not trying to put you off, I'm just saying that people think it's easy to start and run a business, it's not. Getting all the kit is actually the easy bit. Getting customers and doing a great job is the hard bit!

Hi everyone

I am after some help / advice off you guys.

I am looking at starting a exterior cleaning business offering pressure washing, patio cleaning, windows & gutters.

I may venture into the soft washing down the line also but as not very knowledgeable on that yet ill do research first and hopefully build up clients.

Was after some help on what to look for and to get equipment wise..

What size van?
What size water tax / long reach mounted?

When offering patio / drives / pressure washing do you use the water mains or do you use the water tank in the van for example?

If so will this give enough pressure or is there anything to look out for..??

Any brands or bundles to look for or recommendations?

At this moment i dont have any as i am holding off to get the answers as i dont want to buy a van that ends up not big enought and same for a water tank.

Thanks in advance

Any help and recommendations very much appreciated.
@HFD exactly as @ched999uk it does require a lot of investment to offer all those services right from the start. There's loads of posts on this forum about all sorts of cleaning services. Apart from funds, getting the equipment is the easy part, it's obtaining and retaining customers that's the hard part. Plus lots of people will have there own preferences for the equipment and suppliers they use.
If you can either work out which service you think you'll enjoy doing most - for example I like window cleaning and gutter clearing/vacuuming, but wouldn't have a clue with regards to roofs and patios. Others get fed up cleaning windows all day.
Also well worth researching if there is either an abundance or shortage of people offering any of those services where you live - for example if there aren't too many people offering patio and driveway cleaning you may be worth starting there.
It's probably obvious but as it gets to spring time many people decide they'd like to do exterior cleaning, but it's very hard work come later in the year.
If you are keen then just keep going and you'll get there. Read up, watch YouTube, research whatever you can. Best of luck mate, I'm sure you will make a success of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back