Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Unger Swivelling Squeegee

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS SQUEEGEE YET?
Heavy duty version of Wagtail.
Better swivel movement then Both Wagtail & Moerman swivel squeegees.
View attachment 30068
@H MAN Unger stuff is usually very well built. Would be interested to try it. Personally if it's to pivot the squeegee to one position the sorbo squeegees are the best I've tried. For a fluid back and forth motion I haven't found anything better than a wagtail high flyer.

@H MAN Unger stuff is usually very well built. Would be interested to try it. Personally if it's to pivot the squeegee to one position the sorbo squeegees are the best I've tried. For a fluid back and forth motion I haven't found anything better than a wagtail high flyer.
It's not the first Unger swivel handle

its no good,the pivot point is too far from the channel,it wont be a winner. The very original unger swivel squeegee [long discontinued] was a winner great on a pole too-however when they upgraded it to the current model they moved the pivot point away from the channel and it was a duffer from then on. Actually i had one of the original unger swivel squeegees years back but as i preferred the Wagtail i decided to sell the unger on ebay. Interest was high ! in the end i got 60 notes for it,what a result !!

I used to use this around 8 years ago on shop fronts. It was absolute garbage

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240418_100001_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240418_100001_Instagram.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 0
View attachment 30068
This is being marketed for the home market (check video on Home Depot). It appears to be the same design handle as the Power Pad (beautifully built, very comfortable BUT ergonomically useless). Probably 40°. Pivot is restricted to 90° and the design means it locks at different points. The Pivot point is further back than Wagtail and Moerman but may be fine on the 18” and larger channels. 14” and under the pivot action and ability to maintain the attack angle will be awkward. I paid good money for the Power Pad which hangs on the shed wall as a ‘pretty but useless’ exhibit. I’ll leave you to spend your ‘hard earned’ Herman on this one 😊 Unger strikes again with their disingenuous ‘innovative’ copies.

This is being marketed for the home market (check video on Home Depot). It appears to be the same design handle as the Power Pad (beautifully built, very comfortable BUT ergonomically useless). Probably 40°. Pivot is restricted to 90° and the design means it locks at different points. The Pivot point is further back than Wagtail and Moerman but may be fine on the 18” and larger channels. 14” and under the pivot action and ability to maintain the attack angle will be awkward. I paid good money for the Power Pad which hangs on the shed wall as a ‘pretty but useless’ exhibit. I’ll leave you to spend your ‘hard earned’ Herman on this one 😊 Unger strikes again with their disingenuous ‘innovative’ copies.
We're in the UK. We don't have home Depot so this is pretty much a waste of time post

We're in the UK. We don't have home Depot so this is pretty much a waste of time post
… and I’m in NZ and Herman is Oz … home depot not here either BUT not a waste as Unger are obviously producing it and will be supplying whoever has contract for their Professional Home range.

No doubt will eventually be available Amazon and/or EBay.

Last edited:
… and I’m in NZ and Herman is Oz … home depot not here either BUT not a waste as Unger are obviously producing it and will be supplying whoever has contract for their Professional Home range.

No doubt will eventually be available Amazon and/or EBay.
did u ever get a message direct from unger asking you to test out their stuff eric. i did but did not even reply cos whoever is the inventor at unger cannot have a single brain cell,hard to bleve a german could be so lacking after all they invented the jet fighter etc -same at moerman ,,,, actually worse still there that place needs a direct hit from a drone ?

Yes seen what it looked like pulled apart and how it was constructed.
It appears this also has a few problems.
As well as the Moerman & Wagtail Squeegees.
However came up with a few solutions to make a Wagtail Squeegee to make it work easier.
If you interested knowing more just go to this FaceBook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/172055678284990/
ALL VIDEOS INSTANT PLAY WITH (CC) NO YOUTUBE VIDEOS.

Yes seen what it looked like pulled apart and how it was constructed.
It appears this also has a few problems.
As well as the Moerman & Wagtail Squeegees.
However came up with a few solutions to make a Wagtail Squeegee to make it work easier.
If you interested knowing more just go to this FaceBook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/172055678284990/
ALL VIDEOS INSTANT PLAY WITH (CC) NO YOUTUBE VIDEOS.
@H MAN I'm not sure how much more you could do to a wagtail to improve it. Loads have copied it - Moerman, Unger etc and they don't improve on Willie Erken's original design. Swivel squeegees aren't for everyone but wagtail is the best by a long way in my opinion.

Been asked why I’ve put videos that other wise would play on my YouTube channel.​

#1 My intent was to put videos up to share our ideas so to help likewise people with their ideas.​

#2 We believed that using YouTube would get this information out there.​

#3 However found many people were reluctant to view these videos, as had to watch a lot of advertising before the video even starts to play.​

#4 We have many window cleaning related ideas as well as other ideas.​

#5 So if you interested check it out.​

ALL VIDEOS INSTANT PLAY WITH (CC) NO YOUTUBE VIDEOS. https://www.facebook.com/groups/172055678284990/

View attachment 30068
I saw this at Home Depot.. Makes it almost automatically a non-interest.. Besides, Unger makes the Ninja wide body handle in both 40 and 30 degree variants. It swivels, locks and is made to commercial/professional standards.. For a swivel handle for slim channels, Moerman's Excelerator 2.0 is the only way to go.. However, everytime i see the locking swivel mop t-bar next to this, I consider getting it. And have experience with either??

Latest Posts

Back