Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shoulder pain after using water fed pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Works for me.....😘👍

Lots of window cleaners have shoulder/back issues after years of WFP

I don't because I believe my strength training regime helps a lot with reduced strain
Like I said been wfp since 2003 don’t go to the gym and never had any issues work 8 hours a day 5 days a week , it’s all about technique not lifting weights in a gym that’s a totally different thing

With the right body posture and as others have said technique, you will eliminate most injuries. It’s when you overstretch using muscles you don’t normally use that starts to cause problems. Also a quick warm up will most certainly help. Most that have been doin this a while will know their limits. I don’t lift weights or go the gym per se but have recently taken up Thai boxing with my lad. It’s more press ups, sit ups, squats and intense cardio stuff. I’ve said it before and honestly thought I was relatively fit doin this job most my life but goin Thai has certainly opened my eyes to how unfit I actually was. A lot of it was down to my diet as well.

Like I said been wfp since 2003 don’t go to the gym and never had any issues work 8 hours a day 5 days a week , it’s all about technique not lifting weights in a gym that’s a totally different thing
For the first 6 months of wfp, I hurt my shoulder a little. Couldn't raise my arm above my head for a day or two. I had some physiotherapy and was just told that it comes with the territory.

3 years later and the gristling movement has gone and I never get pain now. Its down mostly to technique like you say. I do a little exercise but I work 8 hr days without a break so don't really like exercising too much.

I find if the pole is fully extended at a difficult angle, plant the pole into my body if possible and hold it steady. Then I use my legs and core to rock back and forth or side to side. Basically let other muscles do the work, not my shoulders and arms or back. Leg muscles can ache after a while but they bounce back quickly.

One of the first things I do when I go on holiday is find where the local gyms are and check out the hotel gym to see if its half decent!💪😎⛱️

Only a few weeks to go and I'll be in Ibiza!😊🌞

One of the first things I do when I go on holiday is find where the local gyms are and check out the hotel gym to see if its half decent!💪😎⛱️

Only a few weeks to go and I'll be in Ibiza!😊🌞
First thing I do is find a nice beach and go snorkelling or diving , why look for a gym you can do that at home do something different whilst you are away

First thing I do is find a nice beach and go snorkelling or diving , why look for a gym you can do that at home do something different whilst you are away
I go swimming most days and plenty of walking when on holiday but gotta get 3 sessions of weights in as well as I always eat a lot more if the food is good!😎⛱️

Latest Posts

Back