Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What van to buy?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

eddyl3000

Hi, looking to buy my first proper van,
Don't need something massive as we work from barrels at the moment but something with enough room to put a system in also when the time comes

I like the look of citroen berlingo enterprises so seeing if anyone has any knowledge on them and also just what van you guys might reccomend

Budget is around 3-4k at the moment or if I'm financing it don't mind paying a bit spending a bit more

Thanks 👍

Personally I would get the biggest payload you can. That way you have flexibility to fit what ever tank and frame you need.
I have the newer shape Partner/Berlingo/Combo with a payload of about 1000kg with a 400lts tank in. I also have a Pure Freedom elec reel and a panther gutter vac and some small racking on the side. That pretty much fills the van, although I can squeeze my little Atom geny in when necessary.

Personally I think most vans have a similar level of issues these days.

Try and think about long term, do you think you might expand into gutter clearing or pressure washing. If so consider a medium size van.

I assume you know that the older Citroen Berlingo's are the same as the Peugeot Partners? The older Vauxhall Combo's are the same as the Fiat Doblo - some of these have 1000kg payload but others 800kg which still isn't too bad.

Hi, looking to buy my first proper van,
Don't need something massive as we work from barrels at the moment but something with enough room to put a system in also when the time comes

I like the look of citroen berlingo enterprises so seeing if anyone has any knowledge on them and also just what van you guys might reccomend

Budget is around 3-4k at the moment or if I'm financing it don't mind paying a bit spending a bit more

Thanks 👍
I'd look at your business start up and evaluate your structure, services available, itinerary of potential equipment, production and storage of water plus any additional static storage for tools etc

Once you've figured that out you'll have a rough idea of what size van you'll need.

Don't buy the smallest and the cheapest as it will be too small and most likely breakdown when you depend on it most.

I had a local young lad who's starting up ask me last week about vans and I questioned his licence and he wasn't able to drive one with the entitlements he had
Be sure you're able to drive a van is a question the younger generation are missing

If I was starting up again for the first time I wouldn't of brought a Berlingo and would of got a renault trafic or last of the older shape transits space is money

Personally I would get the biggest payload you can. That way you have flexibility to fit what ever tank and frame you need.
I have the newer shape Partner/Berlingo/Combo with a payload of about 1000kg with a 400lts tank in. I also have a Pure Freedom elec reel and a panther gutter vac and some small racking on the side. That pretty much fills the van, although I can squeeze my little Atom geny in when necessary.

Personally I think most vans have a similar level of issues these days.

Try and think about long term, do you think you might expand into gutter clearing or pressure washing. If so consider a medium size van.

I assume you know that the older Citroen Berlingo's are the same as the Peugeot Partners? The older Vauxhall Combo's are the same as the Fiat Doblo - some of these have 1000kg payload but others 800kg which still isn't too bad.
Already got a older berlingo at the moment, can fit 300ltr water in and the gutter vac (at a squeeze)

Think a medium size van would probably be best 👍

Thinking of the van lasting at least 3 years before possibly upgrading to bigger if needed then

I'd look at your business start up and evaluate your structure, services available, itinerary of potential equipment, production and storage of water plus any additional static storage for tools etc

Once you've figured that out you'll have a rough idea of what size van you'll need.

Don't buy the smallest and the cheapest as it will be too small and most likely breakdown when you depend on it most.

I had a local young lad who's starting up ask me last week about vans and I questioned his licence and he wasn't able to drive one with the entitlements he had
Be sure you're able to drive a van is a question the younger generation are missing

If I was starting up again for the first time I wouldn't of brought a Berlingo and would of got a renault trafic or last of the older shape transits space is money
Thanks I'll give this some thought, important to not just think a year ahead but 3-5 years ahead, if I wanted to introduce different services etc, thanks 👍

Back