Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aches & pains

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I could have done with this over the last few days, my back went off on Sunday and I needed painkillers just to be able to get out of bed, if you do next day delivery I'll have some

I could have done with this over the last few days, my back went off on Sunday and I needed painkillers just to be able to get out of bed, if you do next day delivery I'll have some
Hope you are feeling better now and not in too much agony.

I know pain too well, I've got a plate in my pelvis and right leg along with severe scoliosis after a nasty accident.
Cold damp weather sets off my pain and unfortunately I'm having to live with controlled drugs to take the edge off the crippling pain

Hope you are feeling better now and not in too much agony.

I know pain too well, I've got a plate in my pelvis and right leg along with severe scoliosis after a nasty accident.
Cold damp weather sets off my pain and unfortunately I'm having to live with controlled drugs to take the edge off the crippling pain
Thanks, it's not too bad now I needed to take naproxen and codine just to get out of bed as my back would lock up overnight something to do with my spine, I had it about 5 years ago but this time it wasn't as bad.

I feel for you, it's not good needing to take pain relief everyday.

Made me chuckle. Sorry to hear of your problems though, I think we underestimate how unnatural our job is sometimes (in terms of physical movements and strains etc.), so the odd stress that it puts on our bodies adds up. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, it's not too bad now I needed to take naproxen and codine just to get out of bed as my back would lock up overnight something to do with my spine, I had it about 5 years ago but this time it wasn't as bad.

How do you get on taking naproxen, does it affect your stomach? When I’ve been prescribed them before they have always give me a gasto resistant tablet to take prior. Broke a rib at the gym last night and I have some naproxen left but no gastros so don’t know weather to have the naproxen without. Gonna be a fun week at work😂

How do you get on taking naproxen, does it affect your stomach? When I’ve been prescribed them before they have always give me a gasto resistant tablet to take prior. Broke a rib at the gym last night and I have some naproxen left but no gastros so don’t know weather to have the naproxen without. Gonna be a fun week at work😂
I didn't bother to take the gastro tablets at all, the ones I was taken were my wifes' from ages ago and I got the codeine off someone we met when camping the other weekend :ROFLMAO:

I am not sure how you'll manage with a broken rib, it sounds more painful than my injury, I am now looking to drop certain jobs over 27ft and flat roof ladder access jobs,

Hope you manage to work fine and have a speedy recovery.

I didn't bother to take the gastro tablets at all, the ones I was taken were my wifes' from ages ago and I got the codeine off someone we met when camping the other weekend :ROFLMAO:

I am not sure how you'll manage with a broken rib, it sounds more painful than my injury, I am now looking to drop certain jobs over 27ft and flat roof ladder access jobs,

Hope you manage to work fine and have a speedy recovery.
I have acid reflux so take em daily any way. I’ve worked through broken ribs before and it’s not easy, luckily this one’s not too bad and doesn’t seem to have splintered which causes a lot of extra pain. Early finish today anyway as this winds doin my head in.

I have acid reflux so take em daily any way. I’ve worked through broken ribs before and it’s not easy, luckily this one’s not too bad and doesn’t seem to have splintered which causes a lot of extra pain. Early finish today anyway as this winds doin my head in.
The joys of being self-employed we just crack on, I battled the wind and the odd shower I just keep going unless I deem completely unworkable which isn't that often but's it's high winds most of this week

Iron you might find it helpful to get a (screwfix) back brace (large velcro girdle) it wraps around your back/abdomen under your clothes. Works a treat for me in the cold snaps at winter - helps proactively protect against back issues or whilst working through any issues 👍 plus the drugs help too😉

Iron you might find it helpful to get a (screwfix) back brace (large velcro girdle) it wraps around your back/abdomen under your clothes. Works a treat for me in the cold snaps at winter - helps proactively protect against back issues or whilst working through any issues 👍 plus the drugs help too😉
Thanks, as a rule I don't really have many issues, I broke my back over 20 years ago and it's probably related to that although 5 years ago they couldn't say what the issue was as it cleared up on it's own as it has now,

this week I am dropping all jobs that require a 40ft pole for Velux windows and dormers these jobs put too much strain on everything only a few jobs but they'll make things easier, I am 49 years old and ain't chewing anymore

Now I'm in my 50s I work part time and don't do a lot of f/s/g cleans and conny roofs,these are the jobs in my experience that can cause additional strain (on top of regular window cleaning)and can really wipe me out

Hope you guys are getting plenty of protein in your diet and are doing some sort of weight training in the gym 2 or 3 times a week which has helped me reduce aches and pain massively in the last 8 years(I've been training regularly now since the age of 44 and I'm now 52).

Now I'm in my 50s I work part time and don't do a lot of f/s/g cleans and conny roofs,these are the jobs in my experience that can cause additional strain (on top of regular window cleaning)and can really wipe me out

Hope you guys are getting plenty of protein in your diet and are doing some sort of weight training in the gym 2 or 3 times a week which has helped me reduce aches and pain massively in the last 8 years(I've been training regularly now since the age of 44 and I'm now 52).
The only weight training I'm doing is lifting a pint glass 🍻🤣

There's some proper pussies on here, I'm 60 and cleaned circa 450 flats with my son over the last 3 days. About half of these 3 floors and the other half 4, with a few 5.
Currently in the Indians on my 2nd 660ml Cobra, after 5 pints in the pub and got to be in Chatham at 8 tomorrow morning to do 3 x 4 floor blocks. Who needs the gym when you're pushing poles all day. As for getting protein when a garlic nan is available. Enjoy your boring mundane lives lads 😁

There's some proper pussies on here, I'm 60 and cleaned circa 450 flats with my son over the last 3 days. About half of these 3 floors and the other half 4, with a few 5.
Currently in the Indians on my 2nd 660ml Cobra, after 5 pints in the pub and got to be in Chatham at 8 tomorrow morning to do 3 x 4 floor blocks. Who needs the gym when you're pushing poles all day. As for getting protein when a garlic nan is available. Enjoy your boring mundane lives lads 😁

I love a good curry and non alcoholic beer occasionally!👍😃

So you ll still be over the limit and drink driving tomorrow morning then....rather you than me mate!😘

Polite word for an alcoholic mate....I know because I'm one too (albeit a sober one these days)....most of the last 20 years ive been sober(and theyve been for the most part very happy years).👍
I'm the boring sod who has never touched a drop. Pints of coffee only for me

Polite word for an alcoholic mate....I know because I'm one too (albeit a sober one these days)....most of the last 20 years ive been sober(and theyve been for the most part very happy years).👍
What makes you think he’s an alcoholic?
He likes a good few beers, nothing wrong with that.
I reckon I do around 30-35 pints over a weekend and I’m certainly not an alcoholic as I hardly drink during the week.
I do agree with him about there being some boring gits on here 😆😘

What makes you think he’s an alcoholic?
He likes a good few beers, nothing wrong with that.
I reckon I do around 30-35 pints over a weekend and I’m certainly not an alcoholic as I hardly drink during the week.
I do agree with him about there being some boring gits on here 😆😘

Ive done my partying in my younger days,nothing sadder than seeing middle age drunks in a pub,a complete waste of time and money

30-35 pints is ridiculous.thats around 80 units just for a weekend.i reckon you must be close to 100 units a week!and you don't think your an alcoholic?🤣🤣🤣

Back