Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best step ladders

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Halesy

Hi just thought see what step ladders people reccomend for conservatory roofs. Was looks at some trade 8 tread fibreglass ones. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240426_203809_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240426_203809_Chrome.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 0
Hi just thought see what step ladders people reccomend for conservatory roofs. Was looks at some trade 8 tread fibreglass ones. Thanks
Fiberglass ones are for electricians they aren’t very strong to be honest and flex an awful lot , depending on your budget look at the little giant range they have levelers on some models and are fully adjustable for all kinds of awkward angles take a look at there videos , they are heavy but very stable

Fiberglass ones are for electricians they aren’t very strong to be honest and flex an awful lot , depending on your budget look at the little giant range they have levelers on some models and are fully adjustable for all kinds of awkward angles take a look at there videos , they are heavy but very stable
Cheers mate I will have a look happy to spend what it takes for a decent set that r safe and will last.
Yea I knew they for electricians but a mate reccomended them he swears by them.

I have a set of multi function ladders which I rarely use but they offer a variety of patterns/positions they can be set in and give me a better sense of safety when in use as they have a larger ground footprint with the spreader bar

I have a set of these. Very handy, usually use as a single to open gates and the steps on their own so don't rest ladder on guttering etc for some awkward windows or conny roof cleans. Or as a double extension for access on flat roof and rarely as a triple for gutters. 9 ring fit in back of my Primastar without need for roof bars 👌

Internal conny roof I have 2 different size step ladders. Not sure on brand as old BS standard but strong enough for my weight lol

I have a set of these. Very handy, usually use as a single to open gates and the steps on their own so don't rest ladder on guttering etc for some awkward windows or conny roof cleans. Or as a double extension for access on flat roof and rarely as a triple for gutters. 9 ring fit in back of my Primastar without need for roof bars 👌

Internal conny roof I have 2 different size step ladders. Not sure on brand as old BS standard but strong enough for my weight lol
Cheers mate they look decent

Its funny you mention stepladders. I`ve just bought a smashing set of 5 rung steps off gumtree for £30. It might be worth looking on gumtree or marketplace. They are made by zarges. They seem really sturdy and light.

I got these about 5 years ago and have been brilliant. Really stable to stand on the platform. Great for con roofs or reaching over extensions.
Just make sure they fit in your van

Back