Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Coating back of van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TWC

Evening all
I’ve always used protectorcoat in the back of vans. I know some say it wears out but has always done fairly well for me.
I have seen some vans with nothing on the floor but just the ply taken out. Has anyone done this and has it caused any problems with rust?
And isn’t it a bit slippy?
Just looking at replacing my van so planning what I need to get done.
Thanks

Yes I did this thinking I was a clever c**t saving money - but where the generator and gutter vac stood behind the cab the floor has rotted through in 4 years (brand new van)

Lesson learned - been welded up - we now marine ply then waterproof then fit 3mm rubber matting and silicone seal all the edges.

Best flooring is Line X had that in a van for 6 years not even a wear mark - the rest of the van fell apart while the floor still looked new - last quote I had was £1200 + VAT to do a van and the nearest place that could do it was 250 miles away

I personally don't believe Protectakote is as good now as what it was 15 years ago when I did the first 2 vans with it.
I've repainted the sections on my van I did 5 years ago and put eva foam matting with holes in it so the Protectakote is protected 😂 and any water spills can dry.

That’s kind of what I’ve got now. Protectakote with garden mating in the high wearing areas. Perhaps the same again as not rich enough for Line x 🤣

Speedliner for a transit van costs around £1400 and line x around £750 ware I am I have vans with both and there is no difference between them ,protectercoat is rubbish had it in my first van it wore through in the high use areas within a couple of months .

I’ve used just wood flore in my first vivaro just replace when needed no protection coat never had any rust flooded van loads of times my second vivaro same no rust my 3rd will get protection coat just to try out with wood on top I found the speed liner to slippery and it stinks 😷😂

I’ve used just wood flore in my first vivaro just replace when needed no protection coat never had any rust flooded van loads of times my second vivaro same no rust my 3rd will get protection coat just to try out with wood on top I found the speed liner to slippery and it stinks 😷😂
Yes Speedliner did smell strong for a couple of weeks , no smell at all with line x

Back