Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Every home should own one

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Andy

Just seen a jml advert on TV water fed pole 7mt £99 with brush and hose connects straight to your hose pipe. They didn't mention the spotting from using tap water. They were roof cleaning window cleaning and upvc cleaning. It also had a small in line chemical pot. They also do a smaller pole

Just seen a jml advert on TV water fed pole 7mt £99 with brush and hose connects straight to your hose pipe. They didn't mention the spotting from using tap water. They were roof cleaning window cleaning and upvc cleaning. It also had a small in line chemical pot. They also do a smalle
Let them try it, they would probably need to get us in to remedy their windows, though they're welcome to do the high up apex facias etc

@Andy each to their own but I have had the odd customer who has said "I bought a pole thing but when my husband used it, it didn't work properly". Probably trying to save money but ends up wasting £99 instead.

It’s like any of the ‘gadgets’ that have come and gone for many years - still means the customer has to do the graft. More importantly find the time and the inclination to do the graft. On that basis as with all the other ‘inventions’ it won’t take off. Majority of my customers are 60-80 years old. Can’t see any of them wielding the pole doing their own so I think I’m pretty safe 😃
Same as anyone can buy a lawn mower and mow their own lawn yet many people choose to pay someone to do it.

Just seen a jml advert on TV water fed pole 7mt £99 with brush and hose connects straight to your hose pipe. They didn't mention the spotting from using tap water. They were roof cleaning window cleaning and upvc cleaning. It also had a small in line chemical pot. They also do a smaller pole
100% Chineseium junk. That's where the generic comment " No my husband cleans the windows" comes from when canvassing for the first time.

I have actually seen a local new starter use this method

I would probably get good results in my area just using tap water as my tap tds is 017....but anything over 050 would probably spot!

Most people will not buy a heavy,bendy pole for cleaning their windows.around half of my customers are on their last legs and can't even walk properly nevermind clean windows with a pole!😂😂

These inventions are often not thought through properly.
I remember years ago when there was these chemicals that came on the market purporting to repel water and thus dirt from glass with one application. Something like RainX for car windshields. I recall losing a handful of customers who thought they were onto a good thing. I got them all back the following month when they realised that the bird muck wouldn't stay in one place but instead slid all the way down the glass making an even bigger mess than before they used the stuff.

I remember years ago when there was these chemicals that came on the market purporting to repel water and thus dirt from glass with one application. Something like RainX for car windshields. I recall losing a handful of customers who thought they were onto a good thing. I got them all back the following month when they realised that the bird muck wouldn't stay in one place but instead slid all the way down the glass making an even bigger mess than before they used the stuff.
That wasn't very clear. The idea was that you wouldn't need your windows cleaned as one application was enough to keep the windows clean for many months.

Actually kinda want to apply this too all my customers windows, just so the bird muck comes off easier. Think I can stick it in my tank? 🤣

I would probably get good results in my area just using tap water as my tap tds is 017....but anything over 050 would probably spot!

Most people will not buy a heavy,bendy pole for cleaning their windows.around half of my customers are on their last legs and can't even walk properly nevermind clean windows with a pole!😂😂
Tap TDS is 017?? 🤯🤯 Where do you live

Back